Porco lay still in his twin bed in HQ. He hadn't  slept in it in ages, since he and Y/n moved into her childhood home.

He'd been taken there after the battle to heal. There he could be watched over by Marleyan doctors.

Y/n kneeled on the floor and laid over the bed. Her head rested on her arms while she clutched his hands, waiting for him to heal.

She hadn't left his side for a moment.

Suddenly his hands squeezed back. She lifted her head to look at him.

He was looking back at her with a weak smile.

"Pocko." She gasped, lunging toward him.

She wriggled into his arms, wrapping hers firmly around his neck.

She pressed her forehead against his and squeezed her eyes shut for a moment.

"You scared me half to death." She whispered.

"You're beautiful." He whispered back.

She pulled away in surprise. He was still smiling softly at her.

"I couldn't die without seeing your face again."

Y/n returned his smile and just admired him for a moment. The titan marks had mostly faded from his face but soft red indents still remained.

"Kiss me Y/n."

She leaned in and placed her lips on his in a sweet kiss.

"I love you." Y/n said tearfully.

He cupped her face in his hand. His thumb gently rubbed her cheekbone.

"Don't be sad. I'm alright." He assured her.

"Okay." Her lip quivered.

Porco's face twitched with pain and he began to move to relieve the soreness in his back.

He sat up in the bed causing the blanket to fall from his shoulders and expose his bare chest.

"Come here." He prompted.

With one hand Porco guided Y/n into the space between his legs where she curled up and lay her head in his lap. He stroked her hair lovingly while she traced lines across his thigh with her finger.

The two stayed there together in a comfortable silence. Porco still needed a little more time to heal and Y/n was more than happy to stay with him, especially now that he was awake.

After a little while a soft knock could be heard at the door.

Pieck and Reiner entered hesitantly.

Pieck still looked weak and shaken. She walked with her crutch but seemed to be leaning on it more than she normally would.

Reiner still looked like a wreck. His face was solemn and he didn't look directly at anyone.

"Sorry. Are we interrupting?" Pieck asked softly.

"No, you're alright." Y/n replied.

"How are you two holding up? You took a real beating out there, Galliard." Reiner spoke up.

He sounded undeniably sad.

Porco's jaw tightened. He was uneasy talking to Reiner.

"I'll be alright." He responded as civilly as he could force himself to.

Porco reached over the bed post and retrieved his t shirt.

"Y/n, I didn't realize you were so skilled with ODM gear. You were incredible. It's a shame we can't take you everywhere like that." Pieck praised her.