"Y/n."

A whisper came from the dark of the barracks.

Y/n dismissed it as her imagination and buried her face in her blanket, not wanting to waste the limited time she had to sleep.

"Y/n."

This time she knew it wasn't just her imagination. She sat up and peered into the darkness. A shadow stood in the doorway beckoning her to it.

She looked over to Colt making sure he was still asleep before standing up.

The shadow began to move away from the threshold.  She hastily pulled on her boots and hurried out the door to catch it.

Once outside she whipped her head side to side in search of whoever had lured her out there.

The sound of jingling keys caught her ear.

She followed in the direction of the sound before losing it a few short moments later.

Her brows furrowed. Had it been her imagination? Could this be some trap?

She started to turn back toward the door when suddenly a pair of arms grabbed her from the darkness.

She was pulled into the thick shadows that lined the side of the barracks.

"What the-" She gasped.

The stranger in front of her was wearing a dark hood like her own. The military ordered them to wear them at night so the enemy wouldn't spot them by their light tan uniforms.

"Keep your voice down."

She froze.

It can't be. It had been so long.

The stranger lowered his hood.

"Pocko." She whispered.

Y/n lunged at Porco, squeezing him as tight as she could.

He laughed softly while placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"How did you get here? They've had you on lock down for so long." Y/n frowned.

"They assigned some rookie to stand guard outside my barracks. I was able to get away without him noticing." Porco scoffed.

"I've been so worried about you." 

His eyes went wide.

"Me? You're the one leading an army from behind the commander." He smirked.

Y/n smiled wide making Porco melt.

"So you heard about him taking my advice?" She asked excitedly.

"Are you kidding? He's not just taking your advice. The plans you gave to him have turned the tides of the war. Using the cart to shield the troops and overtake their artillery was genius." He gushed. "I couldn't be more proud of you Y/n."

"Thank you Porco. That's very sweet. I've missed you."

Porco frowned.

"Me too. I'm sorry I didn't get over here sooner."

"Don't be. It's important that you stay safe and not stray from your duties." She assured him.

He pulled her back into his chest, holding her tight. He ran his hand up and down her back lovingly.

"I'm glad you understand."

She breathed in his scent, absorbing every moment of his presence.

"I need to get going, before they notice I left." Porco whispered sadly.

Y/n frowned into him, not moving from his arms. 

"I'll see you soon right?" She whispered back.

"As soon as possible. I swear."

He gave her a short squeeze before she pulled away.

He began to walk away from her when she grabbed his arm. He looked back at her confused. She hesitated for a moment while they just looked at each other.

"What's wrong?" He asked concerned.

Y/n didn't respond. Instead she pulled him to her, kissing his lips gently. She began to pull away but he didn't let her. He kissed her back eagerly as he pushed her back into the wall behind them.

He placed one hand against the wall, above her shoulder, and the other on her cheek as their lips connected deeply.

The two parted after a few moments.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." He smirked, his face mere centimeters from hers. 

"Me too." Y/n blushed.

"I love you."

The first time he'd said it he wasn't able to look into her eyes like this, making it feel all the more intimate the second time.

Y/n's heart soared as his hazel eyes met hers.

"I love you too." She smiled.

Porco pulled up his hood and began to walk away again. She wanted desperately to stop him again but she knew she couldn't. He'd already been away from his barracks for far too long.

"Stay safe." He called over his shoulder as he was swallowed by the pitch black dark.

"Goodbye Porco."