Werehog Period(Shadow the Werehog X Reader)

This one's definitely out of character for Shadow and I'll probably delete this one because as much as I like it, it's very cringy to me.

-------

-Reader's P.O.V.-

My heart clenched at the sound of Shadow's pained groans and deep-throated yells. It was a full moon, which meant Shadow and Sonic had to go through a werehog period that lasted from the full moon to the third quarter moon. It was like they had their own period excluding the blood. They did have dog-like urges and cravings, though.

Shadow exited the bathroom in his werehog form. I looked at him over my shoulder. "You okay, Shads?"

"I never get used to that," he deeply exhaled. He sat next to me on the couch. I pulled him to me and kissed his forehead.

"I never get used to my cramps, either," I mentioned. I rubbed his head. He nuzzled against me. I looked down as his stomach growled. "What's the craving?"

"...Raw steak and dog treats," he hesitated.

"Biscuits or jerky?" I smiled.

"Biscuits," he said. 

I kissed his nose then got up. "I'll be back, Shadow."

I slid my flip flops on, grabbed my keys, and headed out to the store.

-

I came inside with Shadow's requested cravings. "Shads, I'm back."

I heard squeaking and came into the living room to see the black and red werehog playing with his power ring squeaky toy. I smiled at the sight and held up the bag. "I came with offerings."

Shadow's tail started to wag. He got up and I handed him the packaged sirloin. I quickly grabbed a towel and placed it on the floor to catch any blood. He ripped the package open and tore into the meat. I scratched his head while he ate.

Once he was sated, I took a wet rag and cleaned the blood off his face. His eyes were locked with mine. I smiled softly at him. "Still hungry?"

He licked his lips. "The biscuits can wait."

"Want some belly rubs?" I smiled.

"No," he lied with reddening cheeks. "Okay, yes. I hate this."

"Sure you do," I replied sarcastically. Shadow lied down on his back and I began the belly rubs. His tail wagged rapidly back and forth. I kissed his nose. "I love you, Shadow."

"I love you, too," he managed before his tongue lolled out of the side of his mouth.

I need to get a ton of pictures before this ends.

-------

Like I said, this is most likely very out of character for our favorite emo hedgehog, but I tried to make him as in-character as I could regarding the idea of him behaving like a dog.

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo