Bard's Leap Summit(Marcurio[Skyrim] X Dragonborn!Reader)

Shadow's the last one after this and thank God he's the shortest one shot because I'm losing steam.

-------

-Reader's P.O.V.-

It was a bright Middas afternoon in Skyrim.

Marcurio and I were trekking to Lost Valley Redoubt in search of a Word of Power I'd heard was located there.

"It sounds like a cave to me," Marcurio commented while we walked.

"I think it's a tomb," I said, looking down at my map and following the directions a Falkreath guard had told me.

"Oh, fun," he snarked, sarcasm dripping from his lips.

We soon got to Lost Valley Redoubt.

Marcurio and I looked at the tomb. We knew who we were up against.

"Foresworn," we said to each other in unison.

With a roll of our eyes, we began to fight our way to the top. Marcurio used Lightning Bolt on multiple Foresworn and I may or may not have decapitated a few with my Mace of Molag Bal.

Upon being slashed in the back by a Foresworn ax, I cried out. Marcurio killed my attacker with Lightning Bolt.

"Thanks, Marc.." I breathed before using my Fast Healing spell on myself. I felt the spell close my wound and restore what blood I lost.

"Ready?" the mage asked, charging the two Destruction spells that occupied his hands.

"Yeah. Let's get to the top," I replied.

Our fight against the Foresworn continued. We soon got to the top. It ended up being a location called Bard's Leap Summit. Marcurio and I moved across the stone bridge toward the Word Wall. It was being guarded by two Hagravens. They were in the process of creating a Foresworn Briarheart.

"Any strategy for this?" I asked Marcurio.

He gave me a nod. "I'll get them started then you go for the kill with a couple of power strikes."

"Got it," I confirmed.

Marcurio electrocuted the two Hagravens, thus starting the battle. I watched him weaken them until a certain point. Once that point came, I joined Marcurio. With one power strike per Hagraven, they both dropped dead onto the ground.

Marcurio looted them while I absorbed the knowledge from the Word Wall. I took in the knowledge for GRON, the last word for my "Become Ethereal" Shout.

"Anything good?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "Just Hagraven feathers and claws. What's in the chest?"

I opened the chest to find  Dwarven sword, three Nirnroots, steel armor, three hundred eighty-nine gold pieces, an amethyst, a ruby, and a diamond.

"Need any Nirnoot?" I asked,

"There's Nirnroot?" he asked in surprise.

"Yeah. Want it?" I said while holding it out to him.

The pack mule happily took them. I looted the valuables before closing the chest. Looking in the opposite direction of the Word Wall, I saw a jump.

Marcurio followed me to the middle of the bridge.

"You're going to jump, aren't you?" he assumed.

"Damn right, I am," I said.

I got a running start before reaching the edge of the jump and leaping into the air. I plummeted to the water.

"You're going to kill yourself!" Marcurio yelled as I fell.

I landed in the water. I surfaced and swam to the stairs. I slicked my hair back in the process of walking out of the water and up the stairs. The ghost of a bard appeared.

"Been a long time since someone took the leap. Longer since any survived it. I once performed the entirety of the Poetic Edda from atop Bard's Leap before trying my luck. Well, you can see how that turned out."

I watched the Redguard pull out a lute and began to play. I felt more skilled in the art of Speech. Marcurio came over to me and used Healing Hands on me.

"Why're you healing me? I'm fine," I insisted with a glowing form.

"I don't need you dying on me. You could have water in your lungs," he said.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "I don't, Marc. I'm fine."

"You sure? No broken bones?" he asked.

I grabbed the neck of his Dwarven armor and pulled him to me. I kissed his nose.

"I'm fine, pack mule."

"I'm not a pack mule."

"You're my pack mule."

-------

I'm really hoping I don't get distracted for Shadow because I got way too distracted writing this one.

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo