"About what matter?" he raises an eyebrow towards the Lannister Lord, confused about his words.

"About Reina Tyrell." Jason says, sitting on one of the chairs.

"Princess Reina Tyrell." Viserys's voice makes the blonde man flinch. He stands up and bow in front of the King.

"Your Grace," he smiles, trying to calm down.

"The girl will not be punished." the Targaryen man says, smiling sarcastically at Jason, making Otto roll his eyes.

"This is madness!" Jason yells, and then apologies for his tone, "Forgive me, your Grace. But the people of the realm-"

"I do not care about anyone, but my son and daughter-in-law. The realm's opinion matter little to me. I care about my children's happiness and everyone will accept and respect my decision." Viserys says with a stern and harsh tone. "Do you have a problem with what your King decided, Lord Jason Lannister?"

"No, my King, but-"

"Good. Get out."

Otto looks annoyed at the King, feeling angry at his decision. He always hated that girl and wanted to see her fall.

•••

"Can I go inside?" Larys smiles at the guard that stands at Reina's old chambers.

"No, the King ordered me to not let anyone pass, especially you." the armoured man says, not paying much attention to the worthless lord.

"I have to talk with the Princess."

"She cannot have visitators, not even her husband was allowed in."

"Why is that, Ser...?" Larys begins to speak, but is quickly interrupted by the guard.

"Ser Gareth. Now, continue your walk, my Lord."

Larys nods and turns around, angrier than ever. He wanted to talk with his former betrothed, to ask her the reason she burned Highgarden. He fears that she had found the letters and after her trial, there is no doubt that she will try to kill him too.

She did not have any mercy for her brother, what could make her change her mind about a man who beat her and forced to marry him?

Someone bumps in him and he looks at the blonde man, seething with rage. "Watch where you are going." he yells after him.

The man turns around and Larys is met with the face of Jason Lannister. "Lord Lannister, forgive me."

"What do you want?"

"Have you heard anything about the Princess?"

"What Princess?" Jason looks at him questionably.

"The mad one." Larys's smirk grows wider when he sees the wicked smile on the other lord's face.

"Reina...yes. The King will not punish her." he rolls his eyes.

"What? He cannot do that." Larys gasps, shocked about Viserys's decision.

"He will. Even though the Hand advised him to change his mind. The realm will be angry, but it seems that the only thing the King cares about is his family." the Lannister Lord explains.

"We have to do something." Larys quickly says, "Help me, Jason. That woman killed her father and brother because of a letter. A letter Lord Marton Tyrell sent me, in which it was written what we did. I must admit my crimes, me and her father killed her mother by poisoning her. She found out and sunk into madness, stealing her husband's dragon and burning down her former home."

"Lies." Jason says, wanting to leave the crippled lord alone in the hallway.

"No, it is true. I am deeply sorry about what I did, her father forced me into taking part at his wife's murder. I did not want any of this." Larys lies, trying to act innocent. When in reality, he was the one who suggested to poison Lady Lenora Tyrell.

"What will you have me do? You deserve to rot in one of that cells, along with her!" the blonde haired man says harshly.

"I know I did something bad, but what she did...it is worse than any crime." the Strong lord utters, scared for his life.

"I will try to help you. But how?"

"Let us begin with destroying that maniac."

"I will not murder a princess. The future Queen." Jason hisses, angry at Larys's intentions.

"We will not kill her, no. We will only break her a little." Larys says, smiling wickedly.

•••

TW: suicide attempt

Reina watches the bright stars that linger on the dark sky. She still hear her brother's pleading and sees the flames that surrounded the place she called home.

Otto demanded her to not see her son, not before he decides that she is no longer 'mad'. Aegon tried to make him change his mind, but to no avail. He watches his wife slowly falling into the darkness. Barely sleeping, barely eating anything. She is always crying or weeping over memories.

The King tried to calm down the lords from the council table, but he fails every time. They want to see her punished, no man in his right mind will kill his own kin. No one, but a mad woman.

She clutches the handle from their balcony's door, opening it slowly. The cold air hits her skin and makes her tremble. Tears flow from her eyes like a river. She steps and the wind blows through her red hair.

'Kinslayer', they had called her. There is no doubt that all the Seven Kingdoms know about what she did. There is no doubt that she is hated by most of them.

Aegon had changed. Reina doesn't know if it is because of her actions or because of what could happen to her, but her mind tells her that his feelings for her changed after that cursed night. Even though he always assures her he sees her the same, she cannot fear that he will leave her and she will either die or rot in the dungeons.

She has not seen Aelon in two weeks, the last time being when she came back from Highgarden and then the Hand kept her locked up in her rooms almost all the time. Helaena made sure to take care of her baby, she heard.

She grips the railing, the metal filling cold against her hot palms. She wants to dissappear and leave the world, she wants to be a little girl again, with her mother holding her hand. Running on the hills that surrounded the Reach, happy and carefree. She laughs at the memory, hoping that she will wake up in her warm childhood bed, gripping the embroidered handkerchief her grandmother gifted her, with a big red rose on it.

Reina raises her leg slowly, climbing over the stern railing, holding it with both of her hands, looking down at the ground. She wonders if the fall will be deadly. She looks up, breathing heavily and prays. For the health of her family, for her husband and for her son.

And then looks down again, imagining her corpse lying on the cobbled path, in a pool of blood.

Moments pass and she shakes her head, she cannot do it. She cannot leave Aegon alone in a world full of people who does not love him. She cannot leave her child motherless.

She turns around, trying to climb over the fence, but her leg slips. She screams and her hand manages to catch the balustrade before she fell.

No one will come to save her.

Reina tries to pull herself up, but fails, only making it worse. She knows that she will not resist much longer and she will have to let go. To let go...

"Forgive me, Aegon." she whispers and lets go of the railing, falling into the darkness.

A/N : ohhh noo, follow me on tiktok: tooluvv ❤️