✨SNEAK PEEK✨- Playing with Devils

AN: hello everyone! I'm so pumped that I get to keep going with this story. The beginning of my newest installment of the Running with Devils series will be posted below.

And I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

______________

Playing With Devils

_______________

One

The Witch

I frowned at the note as I sat in my oversized tub equipped with frothing jets

I frowned at the note as I sat in my oversized tub equipped with frothing jets. It wasn't really a bathtub, it was a whole ass jacuzzi. But instead of chlorine, it was infused with sweet oils and rose petals.

My room was the size of an apartment. My clothes were insanely expensive looking. My bed was as soft as clouds and literally four times my size. It had to be a California king or something because it was ridiculous.

But right now, this note was the only thing of true value to me. It was a currency that was rarely dealt here in the Seventh. Truth.

Or at least reliable information.

Since the announcement of the Masquerade Ball in honor of my ascension to High Priestess, I've been receiving short correspondences from an unknown sender in the form of the most random of mediums.

It was so weird. For a place that had the most historical forms of torture, whoever was sending these could apparently get their hands on sticky notes.

I had expected nothing but endless torture chambers and rivers of blood. But the Seventh was teeming with life and luxury. Buildings jutted out from the ground and nearly touched the ceiling of earth that covered the expansive city skyline. Streams of cars moved along streets and freeways below.

As much as it disturbed me to even say it, hell was stunning.

The only place that wasn't pretty was a spot along the edge of the city. It looked like how I originally thought hell was. Dark and hot. And lots and lots of pitchforks.

You'd never catch me anywhere near that place.

It's been three weeks since I was brought here. Three long miserable weeks.

Levi still was unconscious and teetering on the edge of death. Des was oddly quiet and Sam was just Sam but ten times quicker to knife somebody.

It was the fact that no one had seen Mal that worried me. He could be anywhere just waiting for his moment to strike.

I almost couldn't blame him for it. I hated using my power over him. I hated it more than anything else in the world. But what choice did I have?

Maybe I did have a choice. Maybe I could've done something different. And maybe I just wanted him here for more than the reason of making sure he didn't do anything else stupid.