Twenty-Six

Song: Doin Time- Lana Del Ray

AN: MERRY CHRISTMAS EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT 😘💅🎄🎅🎁

The Witch

I never really liked mirrors. I knew what kind of things hid behind the glass. I never slept with a mirror aimed in my direction and I always covered mine with a blanket. The alternate world was very dangerous.

It could mimick your own reality until it was time to feed on your essence and steal your life until that doppelgänger claimed the lives of everyone you had loved.

But vanity was moving me toward my full length mirror.

I always was suspicious when I could see the difference in how I looked in pictures versus the mirror. The mirror gave me something that the camera never did. It felt like an enchantment staring back at me. Whoever I would see in that mirror was a just slightly better version of who I actually was. She seemed pleased to be seen.

I admired myself through the eyes of a biased and hungry object.

I had changed back into my tank top, letting my new artwork take its place in the spotlight. My chestnut hair was braided back loosely over my shoulder.

And my mothers eyes...

I would try to be the very best version of her.

Before I could lose myself to my own enchantment, I yanked down the blanket that had been lifted over the mirror's ornate edge.

Relief. That was all I felt.

And it wasn't sweet. It was cold and bitter.

I couldn't shake the way I had felt touching myself on that desk. I couldn't free myself from the depravity of being fucked so wholly that I had begged the demon to cum with me.

And the tattoo...

The skin still remained irritated, but the line work was ten times as stunning now. It was like the ink was imbued with magic that would forever remain on my body.
Just like how I had never wanted the demon's hands to never leave it.

I needed to get a fucking grip. I would need to return to my burnt down home and retrieve Malachi's heart. I knew I would need all the mental strength I could muster to see the wreckage in broad daylight.

I headed to the door, swinging it open. Levi was there, his hand reaching out as if he were about to knock when I had abruptly opened it.

"Oh," I frowned.

"I know. I'd say I was back for another creative session, but I think you and I both know that we have some work to do," he said, his voice was easy and smooth like water.

"You need me to retrieve the heart," I swallowed. "I'm ready."

Levi bowed his head almost in reverence. "Very good, darling," he smiled. "It's a lovely day for a drive. Come with me."