Do Not Go Gentle 3x20

Start from the beginning

"All the more reason! Look you're supposed to be figuring out what you want, that's what Stefan wanted you to do, right?"

"Yeah, but-" Care cuts her off.

"But nothing! I've watched The Bachelor, okay? Fair is fair. It is Stefan's turn."

"Yeah and you're not biased or anything." I tell Caroline knowing she is team Stefan.

"I'm sorry, but Stefan is Elena's epic love. And I'm not going down without a fight."

"And neither am I. I'm team Damon." I say and from then on Care and I start bickering about who is the better brother for Elena.

________________________________________

After a 2 hours of getting ready for the the dance I finally got ready

After a 2 hours of getting ready for the the dance I finally got ready. Elena plucked all the courage she had in herself and listen to Care's advice to ask Stefan to be her date for the dance. It's obvious they still have love for each other but that doesn't stop me from believing he is not the right brother for her. "You know I'm the luckiest man at the dance." Matt tells Care and I as we enter the dance.

"And why is that?" I ask.

"I have two dates unlike some unlucky guys with only one or none." Care and I chuckle at his response.

"Sure you are Matt." Care says as she pats his chest and sighs. "Let's get this over with."

"What's he doing here?" Matt asks as he points to Tyler who is greeting people in the crowd. I shrug and Care doesn't says anything as she walk up to Tyler.

"Let's leave Care to deal with him. Want to get a drink?" I suggest.

"Is it spiked?"

"Hopefully, I don't think I can survive this dance without alcohol." Matt goes to get us drinks and my eyes wonder over to Caroline and Tyler talking to Klaus. I quickly walk over to them.

"Hey guys." I greet them and they turn their attention to me. "So what were you talking about?"

"We were just talking about Tyler's return to town, love." Nik tells me

"Great, you know I feel like dancing and Matt doesn't like dancing, so Nik wanna dance?" I ask Klaus hoping to get him away from Tyler and Caroline.

"Isn't usually the man who asks."

"If you don't want to..."

"Never said that." He says as he leads me to the dance floor. I see Caroline mouthing 'thank you' I mouth back 'no problem'. "You look lovely." He tells me.

"You don't look so bad yourself."

"How come you wanted to dance with me, considering you have been avoiding me?"

"I have not been avoiding you."

"You didn't respond to any of my calls or texts."

"I've been busy. With school and Ric's evil half."