"I'm gonna get the gasoline, I'll be back." Stefan said before he left up the stairs to grab the gas canisters he had left.

Damon went to walk inside, but then he glanced at me and tilted his head. "You ready?"

"What?" I asked him, not understanding what he was talking about.

"Do you think I'm gonna go in by myself so you can seal me in?" Damon asked the two witches. He reached over and grabbed my arm, pulling me towards him. His grip wasn't tight, I could break free if I wanted to.

"I'll bring the walls down." Sheila said threateningly

"You'll bring the walls down if I don't.
You think I trust you?" Damon said

"As much as I trust you." Sheila stated

"Enough. We're wasting time, let's just go." I said to Damon

"But-" Elena started to say

"It's okay, El. He needs to know that you're not gonna shut the door. I'll be okay." I said, trying to placate her. "Besides, I stuck to my promise, you better stick to yours." I said, referencing the time when he told me he wouldn't let any of the tomb vampires hurt me.

"I will." Damon said, his eyes held sincerity. He then lent forward and grabbed a torch from the ground. "May I?"

I gave Elena and the witches a reassuring nod before I turned and followed Damon into the dark tomb.

I stayed as close to Damon as I could as he led me through the dark tomb. It smelt damp and luckily not like decaying vampires. The torch was our only light source as we walked through it.

I heard a terrifying noise, causing me to jump and grab onto Damon's arm. "What was that?"

"They can sense you." Damon answered. "Now, where is she?" He picked up the pace as he searched for Katherine. He suddenly disappeared from my line of sight. My heart dropped as I was left alone in the darkness.

"Damon?" I called out, searching for him in the darkness. But no response came. He left me. He left me for her. He promised.

My hands started shaking as my heart rate increased rapidly. There was a little voice in my head that told me the faster my heart was, the more attention I would bring to myself. But I couldn't help it.

My breathing was almost erratic as I tried to get oxygen into my lungs. After a moment of darkness, I remembered that I'm a witch. My fear was so bad that I had somehow forgotten what I could do.

I raised my hand out in front of me and lit a flame so I could finally see again. I slowly began to make my way through the tomb, searching for him again. I could hear snarling coming from the tomb vampires, making my fear only increase.

I tried my hardest to control my breathing, but the more vampires I saw, the more terrified I became. I almost bumped into one of them, but I quickly jumped back and screamed involuntarily, the adrenaline in my system making my reflexes faster.

I spun on my heels to catch my barring, only to find myself face to face with Anna.

"You must have a taste for it. You scream and shriek, and even try to escape. But in the end you always come right back to it." She taunted me

She then glanced down at one of the vampires who were sitting on the floor, her attention immediately left me. "Mother. Mother."

Another light suddenly shone through the tomb. Elena appeared in front of me with a worried look on her face.

"Elena, what are you doing here?" I asked her worriedly

"I heard you scream. I thought you were in danger." Elena said. I sighed softly, feeling grateful for her concern.