Chapter 26

A/N: Fun fact - The story of how Floyd and you met is inspired by how I met my best friend. We met on Tumblr talking through the comments, until she asked me to send her a message and that's how the strongest friendship I made began. At a certain point, I started to think about the possibility of liking her romantically and I'm sure that being in a relationship with her would work out if we didn't live so far away from each other, because I've never had so much affinity with another person and she's the most incredible person I've ever met. I'm really looking forward to maybe meeting her in person for the first time this year after 6 years of friendship. So, without further ado, the chapter

"Do you want to hold her?" You asked your boyfriend.

"No." Floyd responded, not taking his loving eyes off her.

"No?" You asked confused, raising an eyebrow.

"It's just that she looks so fragile and so delicate." He quickly clarified, caressing her face with the back of his hand. "I'm afraid something will happen to her."

"Are you telling me you've held your little brother since he was born, but you're scared to hold your daughter?" You asked between laughs.

"No, it's not that, it's just..." Before he could finish explaining, you quickly placed Harmony in his arms, who instinctively held her tightly so she wouldn't fall.

Floyd continued to look at her, who was also looking at him with those beautiful, curious and innocent eyes, babbling baby noises as if she wanted to say something, but couldn't, as she had just been born.

Not long after, she stretched out her arms and cupped his cheeks between her little hands.

You smiled and placed your hands on your chest, thrilled to see your boyfriend's eyes fill with tears, before he pressed your baby against his body in a hug, but not so tight that he wouldn't hurt her.

Harmony was barely born, but she was already the most precious thing you two had in your lives.

"I wish my parents and grandma were here." Floyd sighed. "They would be so enchanted by her."

You placed a brief kiss on his shoulder and rested your head against him.

"I know." You said. "But I'm sure that wherever they are, they are happy for us."

"It's just..." Floyd said, but paused, as if he was reluctant to say it.

"What?" You asked, encouraging him to continue talking.

"It's just that there are times when I think that if I had gone back to the Troll Tree before I escaped, maybe Grandma Rosiepuff wouldn't have..."

"No, no, sweetheart, please, don't blame yourself, it wasn't your fault." You murmured, hugging him.

"I know, but I can't stop thinking that if I had done things differently..."

"Who knows, maybe it wasn't already written?" You interrupted him. "Her time must have come. And she died bravely, saving your brother's life, what would you do if Branch had died before he and you could have the opportunity to be reunited?"

He thought about what you said, soon realizing that you were right.

"Yeah. I think you're right."

"I know." You joked and he chuckled.

"Let me ask you, if you had returned to the Troll Tree and by chance met me when I was still a baby, knowing that would you still fall in love with me today?"

Floyd remained silent, not knowing how to answer that question.

"I don't know how to answer, but I don't think so." He replied.