Chapter 3

"C-Claire, why don't you go play with Tiny Diamond?" You suggested to your sister before she said one more thing that embarrassed you.

She grimaced.

"Play with him?" She asked, as if she didn't understand. "But he's too young."

"He's only 3 years younger than you." You retorted, which she responded by crossing her little arms.

Seeing that words alone wouldn't be enough to convince her, you soon called for negotiations.

"What do you want to go play with him?" You asked again.

She pretended to think about the proposal, but you quickly noticed that her eyes lit up when she saw the hair clip you put in so Floyd could know who you were.

"Give me your hair clip." She said, holding out a hand.

"Done." You said, taking off your hair clip and giving it to her.

She put the accessory in her own hair, even though it was a little big for her, and went to Guy Diamond's son, who was playing swimming in one of the lakes inside the restaurant.

"Don't get too far away from me, okay?" You shouted at her.

"I can see that you are very responsible." Floyd commented, which made you turn your attention to him.

"I have to be, my mom made me promise I'd take care of her to come watch the show." You said, smiling when you saw Brandi arriving with the drinks.

"Here are the orders." She hummed, carefully placing the glasses on the table.

"Thanks." You thanked her, taking the glass and bringing the straw to your mouth to drink some.

"Speaking of your mother, where is she?" He asked, before picking up the glass and taking a sip of the drink. "She came to the island with you two?"

"She wanted to stay at the hotel." You replied. "She hasn't had so much time to herself since Claire was born, so she took advantage of this time to relax in the spa there."

"I know how it is." He said. "John Dory still has the dark circles under his eyes from when he took care of us when he was still a teen."

You smiled, not believing that you feared that things between him and you would be different when the two of you met in real life.

You couldn't be happier.

But you still had to constantly stay focused on checking in on Claire every now and then to see if she was around and not letting the extremely cute guy in front of you distract you 100%.

Meanwhile, Poppy watched her boyfriend talk to his brothers, impatiently waiting for them to finish talking so she could go talk to him. She didn't dared to interrupt them because they had a lot to talk about, now that they were together again.

The queen couldn't stop thinking about when they kissed for the first time, she felt something she had never felt before, that she would probably never find the right words to describe, only that her heart felt like it would explode.

She wanted to try again, but the last few days they hadn't had much time to be alone.

"Hey, what's with that fake smile?" Viva asked her younger sister, leaving her surprised.

"How do you know it's a fake smile?" She asked in a low whisper.

"Duh, I'm your sister, I know you." Viva replied between laughs. "But what's up? Tell me what's going on."

Poppy was hesitant to tell her, but Viva soon understood what it was about when she saw her sister look at her boyfriend.

"Ohhh, I get it now." She said, waggling her eyebrows. "Leave it with me, sis."

Poppy watched her sister go up to them and say something, convincing Clay, Bruce and John Dory to go somewhere else with her and leaving him free so she could talk to him.

"What happened to her?" Branch asked his girlfriend, pointing at them as they walked away.

"I have no idea." Poppy lied, before taking his larger hand in hers. "Can you come with me? I want to show you something."

He was a little confused and suspicious too, but he didn't have the courage to say 'no' when she looked at him with those sparkling eyes.

"What exactly do you want to show me?" He asked, as she guided him to the back of the stage. "There's no one back here."

"Actually, that's why I brought you here." She explained between giggles, getting even closer to him. "It's because I wanted to ask you something."

He had a vague idea of ​​what it might be, but he also thought he might be mistaken.

"And what would it be?"

She took a deep breath, looking him in the eyes.

"Can I give you another kiss?" She asked, which made the expression on his face change. Secretly, he wanted another kiss, but he didn't know how to ask her. "I- I know I should have asked if I could do this that time and not pulled you out of nowhere, but..."

He smiled and interrupted her, putting his index finger on her lips.

"Don't say anything else, okay? Just kiss me." He murmured while looking at her lovingly.

She smiled happily and her rosy glitter cheeks turn even rosier.

Without saying anything, he reached out and stroked her cheek with his thumb, before she leaned forward. Their eyes closed as their lips met once again. She let out a muffled squeak when she felt his other arm wrap around her waist and pull her even closer to him.

Having strangely enjoyed that, she kissed him back and wrapped her arms around his neck.