Chapter 17

Meanwhile, Poppy was completely radiant with all the new emotions and sensations she felt for the first time. It was nothing like she imagined it would be, but she felt happy and loved it just the same, so much so that she wanted to do it again.

It was then that she looked to the side and finally noticed the state her boyfriend was in, or rather, that she had left him, panting, looking like he was going to have a heart attack.

Branch knew that his girlfriend was energetic and wild, he just didn't know how much until that moment, it would be a long road trying to keep up with her.

"Oh my gosh, babe, are you okay?" She asked worriedly, placing her hand on his sweaty forehead to see if he had a fever.

"Poppy, I think that's enough for today, I can't do this anymore." He said between pauses for breath, seeming to guess what she wanted. His mouth and throat were so dry he didn't know how he was able to speak.

"Okay, no more of this today." She quickly agreed, being more concerned about how he was doing after everything. 

Despite everything he was feeling, he was happy that she cared more about him than something she really wanted.

"But what can I do for you? What are you feeling?" She asked again.

"I'm really thirsty..."

"Oh,  no problem, I'll get you some water now, or would you prefer a milkshake?" She asked, quickly getting up from the bed and putting on a robe that was next to it to cover her naked body. "But what you like to drink is coffee so..."

"Just bring me something to drink, okay?" He said, growing impatient.

"Okay then, you pretty little hasty." She joked, leaning over and giving him a kiss on the lips before leaving the room.

"I'm dating a beast." He sighed.

"Hey, I heard that." Poppy warned him, briefly entering the room before leaving again.

"You were supposed to listen." Branch shouted for her to listen.

Arriving in the kitchen, Poppy opened the refrigerator and spent a long time looking at all the drinks there.

Even though her boyfriend asked her to bring him something, she was unsure which one would be best for him. After reflecting for a long moment, she decided to give him water, in a cup with a straw to help him drink.

"My love baloon, I'm back..." The queen hummed as she entered the room again, being surprised to see that her boyfriend had fallen asleep.

Poppy would let him sleep, but she remembered when he told her once that they couldn't get dehydrated.

She approached him and gently shook his shoulder to try and wake him up. Seeing that he wasn't waking up, she shook him a little more violently, which made him sit up in bed in fright.

"What? What...?" He asked, barely able to open his eyes because he was so sleepy.

"Hey, hey, calm down, it's just me." She assured him between laughs, bringing the straw from the glass to his mouth. "Drink it, it's water."

He made an effort and sucked through the straw, drinking all the water until there was just a little left at the bottom.

"Yay, good boy." Poppy smiled. "Now you can go back to sleep, I'll put that glass in the kitchen."

She got up and took the first step to leave the room, but stopped when she felt something holding her by her robe, almost leaving her naked again.

"Don't go, stay here until I sleep." Branch cooed, trying hard to keep his sleep-heavy eyes open.

Poppy smiled and placed the glass on the nightstand, before doing a somersault on the bed and falling into her place on his side.

She looked lovingly at her boyfriend, reaching out and stroking his cheek until he fell asleep again, which didn't take long.

-----------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, you weren't in a much different state than Branch, you felt like you were drunk and your eyes were heavy with sleep, you didn't know how you were managing to walk on your own two feet.

People who passed by always asked you if you were okay, which you answered that you were. You would be completely lost if your boyfriend wasn't leading you by the hand like a mother would to their child.

"Are you okay, baby?" Floyd asked you.

"Yes I am." You mumbled, before yawning. "Just very sleepy, I feel like I'm going to sleep forever when I get home."

"You'll soon get used to it." He said between laughs.

"I hope so." You said.

"If you want, I'll carry you there." He suggested.

"Would you do that for me?" You asked, smiling at him.

He pulled you closer to him as you walked, giving a kiss on your cheek.

"You know I do everything for you." He replied. "If I could, my arms are too weak."

"Haha, I would laugh really hard right now, but I'm too sleepy for that." You said in a sarcastic tone of voice, which made him laugh.

Arriving at your pod, he was confused about which of the three rooms was your, until he finally identified it when he saw a photo of him and you together in a heart shaped frame on the small table next to the bed.

You sighed as you fell awkwardly onto the bed, feeling the softness of your mattress comforting your tired back and relief that you no longer needed to walk.

"Floyd..."

"I'm here, I'm here." He quickly warned, holding your hand in his so you could feel he was right there next to you.

"I'm gonna sleep so quickly." You whined. "It won't even look like you're here with me."

"Yes, it will." He assured you while covering you with the blanket, his calm and soft tone of voice making you start to drift off to sleep. "Just rest a little, okay? I promise I'll be right here with you when you wake up."

You smiled at what he said, finally allowing yourself to fall asleep.

"Today was the happiest day of my life." You commented quietly, feeling as if your body was floating in the bed.

Floyd smiled and lay down next to you, wrapping his arms around your torso in a hug.

"The best day of your life so far." He muttered.

Seeing that you didn't say anything, he lifted his head and chuckled when he saw that you were already asleep and probably hadn't even heard what he had said. Leaning down, he placed one last kiss on your cheek, before snuggling in until he too fell asleep.