Chapter 8

Your eyes slowly opened as you began to wake up from your sleep. You had no idea what time it was, since on that island it was always sunset all the time.

A smile spread across your lips when you saw that you were hugging Floyd, with your head resting on his back and one of your legs was over his body.

You didn't remember how you ended up like that with him, but you weren't complaining.

Even though you had already woken up, you didn't get up, staying next to him without bothering to move. However, not long after, you noticed that he was starting to move, which meant he was waking up.

You smiled again and placed a tender kiss on his shoulder, followed by more kisses, which made him smile.

Floyd turned his face back and his beautiful eyes lit up when he saw you. He didn't remember when exactly he fell asleep, but he felt happy that you were the first thing he saw when he woke up.

He no longer had any doubts that was how he wanted to wake up for the rest of his days.

"Good morning, cutie." You murmured, placing a kiss on the tip of his nose.

"Good morning, my sunshine." He said back.

You felt your entire face flush. His sleepy voice was even deeper and sexier than when he spoke normally.

"Look, you're red, you're blushing." He said between laughs, noticing the blush on your face.

"N-no, stop it, I'm not." You said, looking away shyly.

"You look so cute when embarrassed." He said, peppering your face with kisses.

Unable to contain yourself, you kissed him on the lips and pulled him closer to you, before climbing on top of him and his arms wrapped around your waist. If you could, you would stay like that with him forever.

"Mm, we have to get up." He said, making it clear in his tone of voice that was not his will.

"No, why get up now?" You whined, trapping him in your arms.

"I shouldn't have spent the night here, my brothers must be worried about me." He argued.

You pretended to think about it, until you released him from your arms.

"You better get up soon before I change my mind." You said, which made him laugh as he got up from the bed.

He looked back and was confused to see you still lying down, imagining that you would get up after he did.

"Aren't you going to get up?" He asked you.

"It's just that this bed is comfortable, my body refuses to get up by itself." You said, before extending your arms towards him.

Understanding what you meant by that gesture, Floyd held your hands and sat you down on the bed.

The two of you left the hotel room and as you passed the dining room, you found your mother, younger sister, future father, and older sisters eating breakfast. Floyd was immensely surprised to see that his little brother was there with them.

"Look, the lovebirds have finally woken up." Viva commented between laughs, smiling at you.

"Good day to you too." You joked. 

"What are you doing here at the hotel?" He asked Branch, as the two greeted each other with their secret sibling handshake.

"They called me, to have a meal the rest of the family." He replied between laughs, his laughter slowly dissipating when he realized that his girlfriend's future younger sister was constantly looking at him with bright eyes, forgetting to bring the food to her mouth. She had been like this since they met the night before.

"I will marry you when I grow up." She said, leaving everyone surprised but amused at the same time.

Branch smiled and patted her head.

"When you're old enough to marry me, I'll be an old man and I'll barely be able to walk straight." He joked.

"I'll give you a cane then." She replied, before leaning over and giving him a hug.

"Now I know I have good taste." Poppy said between laughs, leaning over and resting her head on her boyfriend's shoulder.

"Okay, we just wanted to let you know we're going to Bruce's." You warned them when you had the opportunity.

"But already?" Peppy asked, before eating a piece of pancake. "Why don't you guys have breakfast with us and go there after?" He offered.

You liked the idea, Floyd refused at first, but you just had to insist for him to accept.

"Can you get the salt for me, please?" Floyd asked you, since his arms were too short for him to reach the salt.

You smiled and took the salt without difficulty, handing it to him with a kiss on the cheek.

"It seems like you guys got close really quickly." Peppy commented with a smile, seeing how cute you two were.

"Actually, we've always been close." You explained, leaving him surprised. "We already knew each other before."

Your mother calmly explained to her fiancé that you two had been online friends for years.

"So, what do we have planned for today?" You asked, to start another conversation.

"We'll visit the island's tourist attractions since we're leaving tomorrow." Claire replied, leaving you confused. The initial plan was to stay there for at least three days.

"Wait, tomorrow?" You asked, waiting for an explanation.

"Let's help them with their wedding planning!" Viva explained enthusiastically, seeming to want to say one more thing. Until she looked at Poppy, who gave a nod. It was like they were talking telepathically or something. "We've been waiting until we get home, but I can't hold back. Poppy and I are moving into a bigger pod and we wanted to know if you'd like to live with us too."

You were surprised again by that proposal. It wasn't in your plans to leave home so soon, as you liked living with your mother and sister, but you were tempted by the offer.

"Just think, we'll be able to spend more time together, have sleepovers, talk about boys, sing together, do each other's hair, eat sweets until we can't take it anymore..." Viva continued.

"I know, it's going to be amazing." Poppy smiled. "You'll also have more privacy when you want to be alone with this cute little guy."

As you wanted to get closer to them, this was the perfect opportunity for that, there was no denying it.

"Okay, I'll live with you guys." You said, which made them celebrate happily.

"Good luck." Floyd whispered to you between laughs.

"Thanks, I'll need it." You laughed.