Chapter 7

After what felt like an eternity, but for some reason still not long enough, you broke the kiss so you could wrap his body and lifted him into your arms. He was so light, with his small size it was like you were holding a troll child.

He was visibly confused, until you took him to one of the walls of your room and supported him against it.

Without even letting him process what was happening, you kissed him again, this time more aggressively, sometimes biting his lips as you tangled your fingers in his hair and pulled it.

He kissed you back, his arms around your shoulders and his legs wrapping around your waist.

It was practically the first time you were having such an intimate moment with someone you were attracted to, you were supposed to be embarrassed, hesitant and afraid that you might do something wrong, but you weren't. 

Probably because all the emotions you were feeling possessed your body's actions as if they were some spirit.

"I love you..." He murmured between soft moans, when you broke the kiss again, but this time you started kissing and nibbling his neck.

Suddenly, as if you had come to your senses from one second to the next as you realized things were going too far, you stopped. You would quickly turn around, but seeing that by doing so he would fall and it could hurt him, you carefully placed him back on the ground and turned around.

"What happened? Are you okay?" He approached you and asked you between heavy breaths, resting his hand on your shoulder.

There was no disappointment in his voice, he just seemed dismayed by your reaction.

"Yes, I'm fine." You replied, which made him smile, making you feel bad for letting him believe for a moment that something would happen. "I'm sorry, I just don't feel ready for this."

"You don't need to apologize, it's okay." He said between laughs. "I understand, we met in person today, it's too early for that."

You smiled and rested your head on his shoulder.

"You know, maybe what I feel for you is something that has always been in me, but I only realized it exists when we met in person." You said.

"It's funny how it's almost the same thing that happens in my favorite book..."

"Pen Pals?" He asked, before you said it, which made you lift your head to look at him, surprised that he remembered something you had said a long time ago.

It was a book about a boy who exchanged letters with a girl who lived on the other side of the world. One day, they ended up meeting in real life when they went to university. The girl had a boyfriend, but in the end she ended up breaking up with him to keep her pen pal, who she discovered was her true love.

"You remember my favorite book." You said, feeling your heart melt.

"I also remember that you read it online because you didn't know where to buy it so..." He put both hands inside of his hair and took out a book.

You gasped, covering your mouth with both hands to stop a high-pitched scream from breaking out and bursting his eardrums, it wouldn't be a fair exchange. 

He handed the book to you and you looked at the cover, running your hand over it as if you wanted to check if it was really real. You carefully placed the book on your bed and ran back to him, hugging him tightly in your arms.

"I love you, I love you, I love you..." You repeated, covering his beautiful face with loving kisses.

"I'm glad you liked it." Floyd laughed. "So, do you want to go back to the restaurant or...?"

"To tell you the truth, I'd rather just stay here with you." You confessed.

"Fine by me." He smiled. "I know we've already read this book and you as well, but can you read me a few chapters?"

You smiled and stroked his cheek again.

"Sure."

The two of you sat on your bed and you opened the book to chapter one as you snuggled up next to him. But before you started reading, you had a question.

"Hey, now that we're probably going to coexist from now on since my future sister and your brother are dating, what should I call you?" You asked. "Come to think of it, we almost never refer to each other by our names."

"It's truth." He laughed. "You can just call me Floyd if you want."

You smiled and looked at him with loving eyes.

"I'll call you 'my love'." You murmured sweetly.

He smiled and leaned over, placing a kiss on your forehead.

You gave a sweet sigh and opened the book to the first page, flipping through some of them until you reached the first chapter.

"That's me, if you haven't noticed, I'm going through the best time of my life, not too long ago..."

He paid attention to each of your words. The sound of your voice was so sweet and calm, it didn't take long for him to start feeling sleepy.

Timeskip...

"Ain't she gonna love this cupcakes?" Poppy asked, as she went to the hotel room with her soon-to-be mother and younger sister.

"They're her favorites, honey." Celine said. "The best way to get friends is through the stomach."

"I agree." She said between laughs, being the first to enter the door and being immensely surprised by what she saw.

"Is she sleeping?" Claire asked as she entered the room as well, but the queen quickly asked her to be silent.

Celine was the next to enter, resting her hands on her chest and smiled, looking affectionately as the two of you slept peacefully together.

"Aren't they cute?" Poppy asked in a whisper, holding the smaller troll in her arms.

"So now we can't talk anymore?" Claire asked, before crossing her arms.

"Yes, you can, sweetheart, but quietly, so as not to wake them." Celine said, before taking the sheet that was on the bed and covering Floyd and you with it, letting you continue sleeping until the next day.