Chapter 25

1 month later...

After buying everything you needed to take care of your future baby, you set up his or her room, which was an extra room that was right next to yours.

You searched all over the stores for the perfect mobile to put in the crib, until you finally found it. It was the only thing missing to finish the decoration.

You proudly looked around the room, knowing that you had decorated it yourself.

Instead of blue or pink, you had chosen a neutral color to decorate the room, which could be used for both girls and boys.

Your chest filled with a beautiful feeling of tenderness, when you imagined your baby there in that little space just for them, while your boyfriend and you took care of them.

You turned around when you heard a surprised gasp, smiling when you saw that it was your mother and younger sister, who were dazzled when they saw the baby's room for the first time.

"So? What did you think?" You asked.

"Honey, it's beautiful." Your mother said, still looking around the room. "You did a splendid job."

"It's more than incredible!" Claire exclaimed.

"Thanks." You thanked him, walking over to your mother and carefully took your egg from her arms. You were starting to get impatient with how long it took for him or her to be born, but despite that, you decided to wait until he or she felt ready. "Why don't you be born soon, my love? We're all waiting for you."

You glanced briefly at your mother, but looked back at her when you noticed the change in expression on her face.

"What happened, mom?" You asked her.

"It's nothing, my love." She said, fanning her face so she wouldn't cry. "It just seems like yesterday that I gave birth to your egg, you were so tiny that fit in my hands, and now..."

"Oh mom, I'm the one who's having a baby, I'm the one who should be sensitive." You joked, approaching her and giving her a hug.

"Sorry." She apologized, after finally releasing you from her embrace. "I got kind of emotional for a moment."

"That's okay." You laughed.

You looked at the bedroom door and brightened up when you saw that your boyfriend had arrived, carrying a suitcase in each hand. He didn't have many things so the move didn't take long.

A few days ago, the two of you talked and decided that it was best for him to move into your pod at once, to help you take care of the baby once it was born.

You went to him, who dropped his bags on the floor to free his hands so he could kiss and hug you.

"How's our little one?" Floyd asked, looking lovingly at the egg.

"Still not wanting to be born." You joked.

"Aw, I know it won't take long for that to happen." He said, leaning over and giving the egg a kiss.

However, as soon as he did that, the egg shell cracked. It could only mean one thing.

Your eyes widened in surprise and you were overcome by great euphoria, you had waited so long for that moment, but at the same time you were so nervous that you didn't know what to do, even though you had trained for when it happened.

"Floyd, it's happening, it's being born, what do I do? It's being born..."

"Hey, calm down, it's okay." He assured you, taking the egg in his arms and placing it on the sofa in the room.

You hugged your boyfriend tightly in your arms, the two of you watching the egg closely.

Until, not long after, the top of the entire shell cracked and two little hands pushed it out. It was the most beautiful baby you had ever seen in your entire life.

"It's a little girl, it's a girl, I'm a girl's grandmother!" Your mother exclaimed, jumping with joy and hugging Claire, that was equally happy.

She looked at the two of you and smiled, extending her little arms, seeming to know that you were her parents. You couldn't hold back the tears of emotion. You never thought you could feel so much love in your life.

"Floyd, look at her." You murmured tearfully, taking her in your arms with all the care in the world. You reached out and caressed her little face. "She is so beautiful."

He held out one of his hands and she held it with both of her little hands, playing with his fingers. You lovingly watched the two interact, he was just as dazzled by her as you were.

"So much like you, how could she not be?"

"Yes, but she has your eyes." He said, leaning over and placing a brief kiss on your cheek. "Your beautiful eyes."

"I'm a mama." You said between spontaneous laughs, crying with happiness.

"Everyone needs to know about this!" Your mother exclaimed. "Claire, come with mommy, let's tell everyone."

"OK." Claire agreed happily, walking hand in hand with her mother out of the room.

You let them go, you couldn't pay attention to anything other than your little girl.

"Welcome to the world, Harmony." Floyd smiled, wrapping his arm around your shoulders.

That was a day you would always remember, you had never felt so happy.