Chaptet 15

Poppy hadn't said anything specific when she asked him to spend time with her in her pod, but as someone who had known her for as long as he could remember, he knew it wasn't just that.

Branch was anxious, but more than that, he was extremely nervous.

He couldn't deny that he wanted to join his body to hers more than he probably should, after all he had wanted her for a long time, but it was something he had never done before, his head filled with thoughts about everything that could go wrong when the two were alone in her room.

Being very attentive to him, the queen soon realized that there was something wrong when her boyfriend was not talking to her as he normally did when they were together.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked in a soft tone of voice, sitting on the edge of the bed next to him.

"Yeah, I'm just a little nervous, you know?" Branch confessed. Everything seemed to have become easier after he learned to open up to her. "This should be normal, right? Maybe I'm thinking too much, I just want it to be good for you."

Poppy smiled, feeling like her heart would melt with love like wax from a lit candle.

"You don't need to be nervous, it's okay." She assured him, intertwining her hand with his. "If you feel like you're not ready for this yet, just tell me, I won't do anything you don't want."

He couldn't help but laugh. Before that day, he always thought he would be the one to say that to her.

"I love you." He murmured, looking into her beautiful pink eyes. "And I want to love you in every way there is."

Branch moved his face closer to kiss her on the lips, but his eyes opened again when he realized he had kissed her palm.

"Not yet." She said, as her boyfriend sent her a confused look. "I'm going to go take a shower, you wait for me here, okay?"

"Okay then." He kissed her hand. "Don't take too long."

While his beloved went to take a shower, Branch took the opportunity to look around her room to distract himself while she didn't return, carefully observing all the objects and colors they had, until he saw the shelf of books she had at the head of the bed and chose one.

Timeskip...

After showering, the queen changed into her prettiest nightwear, which consisted of a white lace nightgown that accentuated her few curves.

She looked in the mirror to see if she looked pretty, taking deep breaths to stay calm.

"Okay, you've wished many times you could live this moment, you can do this." She encouraged herself, talking to her own reflection.

Soon after, she took one of the perfume bottles and sprayed it on her neck a few times.

Surprisingly, Branch was interested in the plot and what was going to happen in the story of the short novel he was reading.

However, his interest in the story disappeared almost immediately when he heard his girlfriend call his name and laid eyes on her again.

'Pretty' was very little to describe her, on a daily basis she was already the most beautiful creature he had ever had the pleasure of seeing, but incredible as it seemed, she managed to surpass herself.

Without saying a word, just communicating with the love of her life through their sweet looks, she approached and climbed onto the bed.

Looking into her eyes lovingly, Branch reached out and held her smaller hand. Kissing her cheek, he made his way to her lips and they kissed.