Chapter 14

As you had said while you were on the bus, the week flew by as you had fun with your sisters and planned your parents' wedding together.

Next thing you knew, there was only one day left until the boys got back from Vacay Island.

You were very excited to see Floyd in person again, but you still had things to plan, like the bride and groom's first waltz, but for that the three of you needed them to participate.

"I hope the steps aren't too difficult, these legs don't work like they used to." Peppy said, which made his fiancée look at him with a questioning look.

"It's a joke, my love, it's a joke." He said between laughs, making your mother laugh along with him.

"They won't be too difficult, but you two have exactly one week and one day to memorize all the steps." You said.

You were about to say something else, when far down the road, you saw what looked like Rhonda, getting closer and closer.

Your heart raced in your chest, when the first thing that crossed your mind when you saw that animal approaching, was that the boys returned to the troll village a day ahead of schedule.

You turned out to be right when you saw that the vehicle was indeed Rhonda and one of the doors opened. The first person to come out was Branch, who immediately lit up upon seeing his girlfriend again.

"Branch!" Poppy shouted, running closer so she could feel him in her arms again and take back the piece of her heart that was missing.

He opened his arms to welcome her into a hug, but almost lost his balance when the queen jumped into his lap and wrapped her legs around his waist.

Despite being surprised at first by her sudden attitude, he happily hugged her back, before giving her a kiss on the lips.

You watched their interaction with a smile, as did your parents and sisters, but you soon diverted your attention from them when you saw your boyfriend also get off Rhonda.

"Baby!" You shouted to get his attention, running towards him.

He also smiled widely when he saw you and instead of waiting for you to come to him, he ran to you and you hugged him, spinning him in your arms as you two laughed with joy.

"Oh, how I missed you, my little bundle of love!" You said, running your hands down his back to make sure he was really there with you.

He broke away from the hug and cupped your face in his hands, looking you lovingly in your eyes. 

"I missed you too, my princess." He murmured sweetly, drawing a passionate sigh from you.

Without waiting another second, you kissed, as if there was no one around you, the longing didn't allow you two to wait until you were alone.

"Hello? Is anyone here?"

You quickly separated from him when you heard Viva speak, feeling embarrassed for having acted on impulse and seeing everyone's eyes on you.

"Sorry." You apologized between giggles. "I couldn't help but miss this cutie patootie."

"Where were you guys going?" Floyd asked, as he wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Oh, we were going to the dance studio so they could practice the waltz." You explained, soon becoming discouraged as you would have to part with him soon after meeting him again.

Guessing that twas what you two wanted, Viva quickly intervened. She loved her younger sisters and wanted you to be happy.

"Why don't you gals go spend some time with the boys while Claire and I go with our parents to the studio?" She asked, making Poppy and you look at her with shining eyes.

"Are you sure about that?" The queen asked, as much as she wanted to accept the proposal.

"Yes, we can take care of it ourselves." She explained, taking Claire in her arms. "Now it's the single sisters' turn to take care of this, right Claire?"

"For sure." The little troll agreed, hugging one of her older sisters.

"Single, but not for long." You winked at her.

"Shhhh don't say that out loud, he might hear it." She scolded you in a whisper. "Let's do it, time is running out and you have a week to memorize dance steps."

With everything sorted, you all said goodbye to each other and you went to spend the rest of the day with your boyfriend.

"Hey, sis." Poppy called out to you, before the two of you headed somewhere else.

"What happened, Pops?" You asked her.

"No, nothing happened, don't worry." She replied, you soon noticed how excited, anxious and nervous she seemed at the same time. "I just wanted to ask you not to stop by our pod for the next few hours."

At first you were confused as to why she had asked you that, but you soon understood from the conversation you had with her the night before and your mouth fell open. You looked at your boyfriend and he was equally amazed.

"A-are you really going to...?"

"Yes, yes I'm so ready for this." She said as she held your hands in hers, trying hard not to say it out loud.

"Good luck." You smiled at her.

She hugged both of you and went back to her boyfriend. 

"Good luck, lovebirds." Floyd said as they walked away together, his little brother turned his face to look at him and gave him a thumbs up. "They grow up so fast."

"So what do you want to do?" You asked him, interwining your hands together.

He was about to respond, when he was interrupted as Guy Diamond hurriedly walked past between you both.

"Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me..." The glowing troll repeated.

You were intrigued when you noticed the sheet of paper he had in his hand.

"What happened to him?" Floyd asked you, raising an eyebrow from beneath his bangs.

"I have no idea." You shrugged.

You both watched him run over to Rhonda. John Dory was petting his pet, when he was surprised by a hug from behind, leaving him speechless when he saw who it was.

"I read what you wrote." Guy Diamond smiled, looking once again at the letter in his hands. "My answer is yes, I want to."

JD smiled, feeling like the happiest troll in the entire world, before they kissed lovingly.

The people around applauded their happiness, while you were left open-mouthed by the fact that of all the people you imagined that John Dory could be in love with, it never crossed your mind that it was Guy Diamond.