Chapter 27

A/N: Hey guys! This episode is a little shorter, but at the same time it's sweet, something cute before the anguish that will come from now on. Stay with the chapter <3

After finally having resolved all the matters he needed to do that day, the first thing your father did was stop by his pod to see his granddaughter. You had never seen him so emotional when he held her in his arms for the first time.

"What a charming little girl." He said as he watched her. Soon after, he looked at his wife, who was sitting next to him also watching her granddaughter. "We're grandparents, honey."

"Yes, we are grandparents, my dear." Celine murmured equally happily, touching her forehead to her husband's.

"I never thought I would live long enough to see one of my daughters give me a grandchild." He joked between laughs.

"No, don't say that, Dad." You scolded him, not even wanting to imagine what it would be like when he was no longer with you guys.

"Your heart is strong, my king." Floyd commented. "I'm sure you'll live to see us give you lots of grandchildren."

You widened your eyes at your boyfriend said and looked at him, amazed.

"What?" He asked, laughing at the expression on your face.

"How many children are you specifically talking about?" You asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, if you want I'd like us to have about four more." He replied.

"Three." You decided. "Four children is enough."

"Okay then, four." He agreed between laughs, wrapping you in a hug.

"But we're not going to have one after another." You said. "Let's wait at least until Harmony becomes more independent."

"Of course, our attention will be solely on her for the next few years." Floyd agreed.

Celine smiled watching your interaction, seeing how much you loved each other and made plans for the future.

She looked to the side to check on her youngest daughter, when she was surprised to see Claire sleeping on the couch.

Peppy smiled and handed Harmony to her father, before going over to his youngest daughter and picking her up so they didn't have to wake her up to go home.

"Poor thing, it's past her bedtime." He laughed. "But it is indeed late, shall we go, my love?"

"Yes, dear." Your mother agreed, getting up from her chair to go home.

The two of you walked them to the door. Poppy and Viva couldn't, as they were already in their tenth sleep after having spent the entire day taking care of the responsibilities of their kingdoms.

"She slept." You murmured softly, watching your baby sleeping peacefully in your arms.

Your beloved smiled and stroked your daughter's hair.

"We better go to sleep too." Floyd said. "Today was a big day."

You were about to put Harmony in her crib when you suddenly became hesitant at the thought of your precious baby sleeping alone in that huge room.

And if she started crying because she was hungry, because she had colic, if she needed to change her diapers, or even if she felt alone and you two couldn't hear?

"What happened?" Your boyfriend asked as he noticed your behavior.

You looked at him.

Timeskip...

"Is this side okay?" Floyd asked between heavy breaths, after you asked him to move Harmony's crib into your room.

"It's perfect." You smiled. "Thank you, sweetheart."

"You're welcome." He winked at you. 

You placed a kiss on your baby's forehead, before finally placing her carefully in her crib. It was incredible to think that 20 years ago it was you who was lying there.

You remained there, leaning against the crib and watching her sleep, if you could, you would stay there forever.

But eventually, sleep hit and you felt your eyes get heavy. You went to the wardrobe and changed your clothes into your pajamas, before laying down next to your boyfriend on the bed.

He was finally living with you, you would no longer suffer from missing him having to leave the next day.

If at the beginning of the year someone told you that towards the end of the year you would fall in love and form a family with your best friend who you had never met in person, you would say that person was crazy, but you couldn't be happier for to have happened.

The two of you looked at each other briefly, until you seemed to read each other's thoughts and got closer, he wrapped you in a hug and kissed your cheek affectionately.

"Thanks." Floyd muttered.

"What are you thanking me for?" You asked.

"Isn't it obvious? For all the happiness you've given me since we met in person." He explained. "You don't know how lucky I am to have you."

You smiled, touched by his words.

"I'm the lucky one to have you." You whispered, bringing your hand up to his face and caressing his cheek. "I love you, more than anyone can imagine."

He smiled and gave you a short kiss on the lips.

"I love you too."