Chapter 20

You continued to look at the egg in your hands, still not knowing how to react, while everyone around you was extremely surprised, but at the same time happy, after all it was another troll that would come into the world.

You looked up and saw your boyfriend, with an expression on his face that looked like a mix of astonishment and joy.

"Hah! I can't believe it, you little naughty!" John Dory exclaimed, hugging his younger brother and shaking his shoulders. 

You soon saw your sisters and the rest of his brothers join in the commotion, happily reacting to the fact that you would soon have another member in the family.

Why couldn't you feel joyful too? You were nervous, confused, at the same time terrified about what had just happened, you were going to be a mother.

Of course you had plans to one day form a family with the love of your life, in the future, but not at that moment. You were so young, you had so much to enjoy, a child would make you reorganize everything in your life, now that you would be responsible for another life.

Eventually, the commotion ended up reaching the bride and groom, your mother seemed to be so happy and fascinated with the fact that she was going to be a grandmother, that she didn't notice the expression on your face, which she always did.

Without knowing exactly what you were doing, you handed the egg into your mother's hands and ran away, to a place where no one could see the tears that started to flow from your eyes, leaving everyone around you unresponsive.

Not wanting to leave you alone at a time like that, Floyd followed you.

Unaware that you were followed, you sat down on the grass and cried alone with your thoughts, so much so that an ocean seemed to pour out of your eyes.

Suddenly, you were startled when you felt something touch your shoulder.

You looked back after drying your eyes. When you saw it was your boyfriend, you threw yourself into his arms and started crying again, while he caressed your back as a way of trying to comfort you.

You continued hugging him, until you gradually became calmer.

"How did this happen?" You asked softly.

"Well, do you really want me to explain?" He asked. "When two trolls love each other very much..."

"Stop it, I know how it happened." You said between laughs when you separated from him. Only him to make you laugh at a moment like that. "It's just hard to, you know, believe it. In my mind it seemed impossible to happen right now."

He just smiled and reached out, wiping your tear-stained cheek.

"We forgot to be careful and this happened, we can't go back, sometimes things don't go with our plans. You know that, don't you?" He asked, which you responded with a nod. You looked down at your own hand as you saw him place his on top of yours. "I know you must be scared, after all it hasn't even been 10 minutes since you found out you're going to be a mother, but one thing you have to know is that you're not alone in it. Your parents can teach us a lot since they already had babies, our siblings too, you saw how happy they were, they will definitely want to help with whatever is needed."

You cracked a smile. He could be right, having a child wasn't the end of the world like you made it seem, with so many people helping you it would be easier.

"And me, I'm going to be a father, can you believe it?." He said between adorable laughs, showing how excited he was. "I promise you that I will always be there for you and for our baby, I want to be present in his or her life, like my parents couldn't be for my brothers and me."

You were moved by his beautiful words, it was the first time he had mentioned his parents to you. You were always curious to know what happened to them, but it wasn't the right time to ask.

"You're right." You smiled, no longer feeling afraid because you knew he would always be there with you. Holding his hands, you pulled him in for a kiss on the lips, a short but sweet kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too." He said back, looking lovingly into your eyes.

Suddenly, you had a reality check when you realized that you had left your baby in someone's hands and ran away, as if you had abandoned it.

"Our baby!" You exclaimed, leaving your boyfriend confused.

"What...?" Before Floyd could finish his sentence, you grabbed his hand and ran back to where the wedding party was taking place.

You have never regretted doing something so much in your entire life.

You breathed a sigh of relief when, as soon as you returned, you saw your mother, still with your egg in her arms. She smiled, with relief and happiness to see that you had not abandoned your child.

"... Can I hold it?" You asked her, extending your arms out in anticipation.

"Of course, my dear, it's your baby." She replied, carefully placing the egg in your hands.

You held it with all the care in the world, watching with interest and curiosity. It looked so delicate and fragile, which it was, there was no way you could drop it on the floor.

You had already held Claire when she was still an egg, but for some reason you felt different knowing that that egg was yours. In the moment of shock when it came out of you, you hadn't realized it, but by the blue and pink stripes, you could see that he or she, would be born in their father's image.

Your heart filled with love, you were holding a small part of yourself, and a small part of Floyd.

With tears in your eyes, you held the egg against your body, hugging it, but not so tightly that it broke, ignoring everyone around applauding and celebrating.

When did your life become a reality show?

Floyd approached you, hugging you with one arm and with the other hand he caressed your future child.

"You are such a beautiful family." Viva commented, resting her head on her boyfriend's shoulder.

"Thank you." You thanked her sincerely with a smile.

"I call dibs on being their godmother!" Poppy exclaimed loudly.

"I wouldn't think of anyone better." Floyd said between laughs.

A/N: Ok guys, makw your bets. It's a boy or a girl? PS. I already know which one is gonna be ^^