Chapter 6

"Well, we have another performance to do in a few minutes, but since this girl is so important to you, you can go." Clay said, making his little brother's face light up. "I'll talk to the others."

Floyd approached him and gave him a brief hug.

"Thanks bro, bye, bro, love you, bro." He said, before running towards the exit of the restaurant.

"I love you too, bro!" Clay shouted. He looked to the side and was startled to see Viva, who suddenly appeared there.

"What happened? It looks like you saw a haunting." Viva laughed amusedly. "Mom, this is Clay, he was my right-hand man in the civilization we built on the mini golf course."

"Nice to- wait a second, mom?!" Clay was stunned and confused at the same time, as Viva never told him she had a mother.

"It's a long story, but to make it a little shorter, daddy and her are getting married!" Viva explained, jumping on top of Celine and hugging her, wrapping her legs around her body.

Celine looked at him, looking happy, but at the same time a little bothered by Viva's hyperactivity.

Somehow, even that Clay liked about her.

"You'll get used to it." He whispered to her, trying to hold back a laugh.

"Oh and have you seen where Floyd went?" Viva asked him. "I think he's the only one I haven't introduced to her yet."

"Honey, I think I already met him." Celine clarified to her. "He's my daughter's friend."

"He just left." Clay explained. "She wanted to talk to him so he went to the hotel where she is."

"Of course." Celine smiled and rolled her eyes. "If there's one person she talks to about everything, it's this guy."

Timeskip...

Just being in his presence made you feel better.

Sometimes you thought he was bothered by you venting to him whenever something happened in your life, but he assured you that he didn't feel that way and liked knowing that he was your refuge.

"Today I just discovered what my mother was hiding." You began, feeling his hand gently run through your hair. You didn't find that gesture strange, so he continued. "She is going to get married."

"Okay, I don't know why she hid it from you, but is that such a bad thing?" He asked.

"Wouldn't be." You continued. "If only she weren't marrying the queen's father and the former king of the pop trolls."

"And why is this a problem for you?"

"Because that will make the queen and I sisters and honestly, that worries me."

"I don't see why, I met Poppy and she's like, the coolest troll I've ever met." He said. "As much as she thinks my brother is cooler than her."

"That's why the problem is with me, not her." You confessed. "Viva and her are so similar that's why they get along, what will it be like after we officially become sisters? I'm nowhere near as friendly as them, happy as them, optimistic as them. I know they'll be disappointed."

Not long after, he began to laugh softly. Even though his laugh was adorable, you were outraged that he laughed after you vented to him.

"What are you laughing at? Did I say something funny?" You asked.

"Nothing." He replied. "It's just that, despite the short time I've known them, I've managed to see that they get along well with anyone, after all Poppy and my brother are exact opposites, but they are in a relationship and love each other. Why would it be different like you?"

"The truth is that I always wanted to be her friend, but I never had the courage to approach her, she is always so nice, bubbly and happy with all her subjects, I didn't think I was good enough to be her friend, let alone sister." You confessed.

Floyd just smiled, bringing his hand up to your face, gently lifting your chin to look at him after you lowered your head.

"I say this as someone who has known you for 4 years, you are incredible, just the way you are." He muttered. "You're smart, sweet, caring, kind, funny and so many other things, you just need to give the new people who will be part of your life a chance to get to know you better, since I can't say everything for them."

You felt your eyes fill with tears of emotion at his words. It seemed like he always knew what to say to make you feel better and find a solution to a case that seemed hopeless.

You were so lucky to have him.

Surprising him a second time that night, you threw yourself into his arms and hugged him tightly, feeling like you would never let go.

"Thank you for everything." You mumbled.

He smiled, happy that he could help you solve your problem.

"It was nothing." He said.

"To tell the truth, it wasn't exactly nothing." You said. "You were always by my side, even if from afar and that was very important to me, you are my best friend, more than that, you are my life. I can't imagine my life without you in it."

He was amazed. It was impossible for a declaration like that to be platonic, not when you put so much passion into your words.

This time, he broke the hug so he could look you in the eyes once again.

However, instead of saying something, he was left speechless when their eyes met once again.

"Were you sincere when you said that?" He finally asked.

You smiled and reached out your hand, gently brushing the strand of his hair away from his right eye, before cupping his cheek. You already thought the color of his eyes was beautiful, seeing them both at once made your heart flutter.

"From the bottom of my heart." You replied, which made him smile. You blushed when your eyes inadvertently glanced at his mouth. "... Is it really weird that I want to kiss you now?"

"I can't answer that question for you either." He replied, you soon noticed that his face was slowly getting closer to yours and his arms wrapped around your waist. "But I want it too."

"Are you going to kiss yourself?" You joked.

Without saying anything, he leaned forward and pressed his lips against yours.

A few seconds later, you broke the kiss, making a small popping sound.

The two of you looked at each other briefly, before you leaned in and you kissed again, before wrapping your other arm around his neck and kissing him sweetly and passionately at the same time.

His lips were so soft and his kisses were as sweet as he was.

It was as if the entire world had disappeared, there was only him, you and your demonstration of love for each other.