Chapter 4

"I'm sure I left my glasses back here." John Dory muttered to himself as he went to the backstage to look for his sunglasses that he was going to wear for the performance, but ended up forgetting to put them on.

Too distracted by each other, the young couple in love realized too late that there was someone else there.

In a reflex gesture, Poppy pushed her boyfriend away from herself too violently, which caused him to roll across the floor until he collided with the backup sound equipment.

John Dory looked dismayed for a moment when he saw what happened to his younger brother, but in the next second he began to laugh compulsively as if he had seen the funniest thing he had ever seen in his life.

"I should have recorded that." He said almost breathlessly from laughing, while Poppy ran to Branch and helped him by unraveling his body from all the wires. Still laughing, JD went to him and extended his hand to help his brother get up. "U ok, bro?"

"I'm fine, you can keep laughing." He grunted as he took is older brother's hand, getting up from the ground.

"What did you want me to do? You know I love videos of people falling." JD argued, at that moment his laughter finally began to dissipate.

"I'm so sorry, babe, when I realized he was here I panicked and didn't know what to do." Poppy apologized, feeling terrible about what she had done.

"It's okay, baby, it was an accident." Branch assured her, resting his hand on her shoulder and they smiled at each other.

"If you guys wanted to be alone, you just had to tell us." The older brother said in a suggestive tone of voice.

"What? Stop it, we weren't doing anything much." Poppy denied it, even though they had already given themselves away.

"Okay." JD pretended to believe what she said, soon remembering that he went there to look for his sunglasses and looked again, but it didn't take long to find them. "Oh, here they are. I'm going back there, if the lovebirds want to finish what they started..."

"Actually, we can't, I remembered that my dad wanted to talk to me about something." Poppy said, holding Branch's hand and hastily walking back into the restaurant.

It seemed like another lame excuse, but it was true that Peppy wanted to talk about something with her and Viva, something they alreadh knew about it, but they didn't told him, not wanting to spoil his surprise.

You continued to talk to Floyd for a long time, time seemed to go faster when you were with him. Until you remembered the mental note you had made and looked back to see if you could still see Claire.

Your mouth dropped open, not only because your mother had decided to go there at the last minute, but because she looked so much prettier than the last time you saw her. Those hours at the spa had certainly done her a lot of good.

"Hey, what happened?" Floyd asked as he noticed your sudden reaction.

"My mom came, she really came!" You exclaimed happily, pointing at her.

On the way there, Celine had received several compliments from the island's natives. She couldn't deny that she liked it, as it made her feel beautiful, but she made it clear to all of them that they had no chance with her. She was about to get married and was very happy that her engagement would be made official that day.

She couldn't wait to see Claire and you's reactions.

It wasn't long before she spotted one of her youngest daughters playing in the water as soon as she entered the restaurant.

"Hey, there you are!" She exclaimed, reaching down, pulling Claire out of the water and picking her up in her lap, much to her and her playmate's disappointment.

Contrary to her expectations, Claire ended up having fun playing with Tiny Diamond and he was also enjoying playing with her.

"Let me keep playing with him, mommy, please." She asked, trying to use her extreme cuteness to convince her mother.

"Mommy has something very important to talk to you and your sister, sweetie, then after that you can continue playing with him." Celine said, starting to look for you, while the two children waved goodbye and almost cried, as if this was the last time they would see each other.

She quickly caught sight of you when she saw you wave at her, walking over to your table to talk to you. She soon became excited to see that you were sitting next to a young man, creating expectations that you were finally interested in someone.

"You look so beautiful, mom." You praised her with a smile.

"Thank you, my darling." She thanked you, then looked at Floyd. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your company?"

"Oh, you know my online friend DarkSky?" You asked, before enthusiastically gesturing towards him.

"Nice to meet you, ma'am." He smiled at her.

"So it's you?" She asked with a smile. "Please don't disappear out of blue again, young man, this girl was so desperate, I didn't see her like that even when the Bergens tried to eat us again."

You gasped when you saw her saying all those things, feeling your entire face turn red with embarrassment.

"Fine." He said between laughs.

"Am I going to have to bribe you not to say anything else to him too?" You grumbled, resting your face on the table.

"We'll talk about this later, I'm going to need to steal her from you for a while, okay?"

It was at that moment that you remembered how excited your mother was about that trip, it seemed for a much bigger reason than just watching a show.

"No problem." Floyd replied to her, before looking at you again. "Let's talk later."

You couldn't help but laugh when he seemed to wink at you, but there was no way for you to know when part of his hair covering half of his face and his other eye.

When you noticed, you found yourself a little sad that you weren't in his company anymore. What was happening to you?

Meanwhile, Poppy was with her father and her sister, pretending excited to know what he was hiding.

"Do we happen have another secret sister?" Viva tried to guess and then winked at her sister, making the former king laugh.

"No, I swear I didn't have any more daughters." Peppy replied. "But I have to say that you two will soon have more sisters."

Despite already knowing, the two gasped loudly and looked at each other, imagining a thousand possibilities of what it would be like if they were in four instead of two.

"My dear!" Peppy exclaimed when he finally saw his beloved fiancé, dropping his cane and running over to her.

Seeing her fiancé running towards her, Celine released her daughters' hands and ran to him, spinning him in her arms. You were confused to say the least to see your mother being so intimate with the former king.

You didn't have much courage to talk to the queen, but that moment made you completely forget about your insecurities and you approached her and your sister.

"Do either of you two know what's going on?" You asked them.

"Girl, I know as much as you know." Queen Poppy replied between giggles.

After exaggeratedly long displays of affection, they finally seemed to remember that the four of you were standing there without understanding anything that was happening.

"Girls, That's the news we talk about." Peppy said with a smile, taking your mother's hand and giving it a kiss.

"We're getting married!" Your mother announced happily, leaving you gaping.

How Claire and you didn't had a father, while the queen and princess didn't had a mother, with your parents' marriage, that automatically would made you four sisters.

Any troll would feel like the luckiest troll in the world to have the queen as an older sister, but being honest with yourself, you were worried, VERY worried.