"Horikita-san...?" said Mukai.

"Horikita...?" Kurogane repeated, staring at me with eyes full of interest.

"What are you two doing here?" asked Mihara.

"Horikita and I were looking for a quiet place to talk. Looks like this place is taken," said Furukawa.

Kurogane chuckled. "No, not at all. You're free to talk here if you like. If anything, you can join us."

"Sorry, but there's no need for us to be in the middle of a conversation between other students, Kurogane-senpai."

Kurogane chuckles. "Alright then. In that case, you two can stand there and watch as we finish this up. This will be quite interesting..."

I was standing still, doing nothing and saying nothing but watching and listening to them talk to one another. I turned to look at Furukawa, who still had his blank expression on his face. He was quiet as well, and he neither agreed nor disagreed to stay and listen. He just stood there, staring at them.

"Kurogane, don't involve them in this..." said Mihara.

"What? They're just listening, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. It's fine."

Mihara continues to glare at him, then regains his composure and sighs. "I know you're the one who expelled those students, there's no hiding it. But I don't know the reason why. So, Kurogane, why did you expel those students? One of them was your own classmate."

The four of us stared at him, who was staying silent and doing nothing but grin at us.

"Answer!" Mihara demanded.

Kurogane grinned even more and chuckled. "It was a mere 'survival of the fittest' situation, that's all."

"What?" Mihara was confused.

"They were weak and pathetic. Because of that, they were easy targets for expulsion. Far too easy..." Kurogane said, looking at his hand and rubbing it, blowing on it.

"...!" Mukai gasped. "Why...? Why do you see them like that...? Like they're just...trash?" Mukai's voice was broken. She wasn't angry, she was shocked. "This cruelty...this disrespect...it's wrong! You're supposed to be kind and supportive, no matter who they are!"

Kurogane yawns. "How long are you going to be so foolish...Yumiko-senpai?" Instead of her surname, he called her by her first name. "At this school, being kind does nothing for you. Kindness is a weakness. It's a disease that allows others to take advantage of and use to bring you down." Kurogane's face turned serious. "What you need is not a heart...what you need is fear and intimidation... You need a weapon, a sword to strike or stab the enemy with. Not words. And with that sword, you can end up anywhere, such as Class A..."

"Seiji-kun..." Mukai frowned, calling him by his first name as well. "You've changed... You were never like this. That kindness...that bright smile you've always shown...it's all gone..."

Kurogane, instead of feeling guilt from hearing her words, chuckled. "Time can change a person. And for the better..." Kurogane grinned. "I was so pathetic and stupid back then to think all of us could get along. I should've expelled those students before..."

"Tch!" Mihara-senpai went up to him, grabbing Kurogane by the collar.

"Mihara-kun!" shouted Mukai.

"Oh...?"

"...!" I was surprised by what was happening, and before I knew it, I had taken a step forward. I knew how this was going to end, and I knew that it would be nothing but trouble. Yet, I looked back at Furukawa, who was standing still and doing nothing but continuing to watch. He was calm, and he didn't seem like he was going to take any actions. Should I stay back and watch...?

"Let him go, Mihara-kun!" Mukai shouted.

Instead of doing that, he grabbed onto his collar even tighter and glared into his eyes. "Remember that you're the Student Council Vice President. You of all people should know that this isn't what you're supposed to do. You should be standing up for the weak, making things right! Not this!"

Kurogane grinned even more and chuckled. "I'm done with that, Mihara-senpai. I'm not going to lend a hand to them anymore. Those who are at the bottom deserve to be expelled."

"You...!" Mihara raised his fist up.

"Hmhmhmhm...!" Kurogane swiftly reacts, punching Mihara in the chest two times and knocking him back.

"Ggh!"

"Hmph!" Kurogane spun, kicking him in the face and knocking him to the ground.

"Aagh...!"

"Mihara-kun!"

"It isn't just academics that you need at this school," Kurogane said, tapping his head with his finger. "You also need the will to do what is needed. To take down your enemies the hard way..."

Mukai moved, stepping in between Mihara and Kurogane. "That's enough! You need to stop, Seiji-kun!"

"Mukai-san..." Mihara said in a weak voice.

"Get out of the way."

Instead of moving, Mukai stood there and spread her arms out, standing in a protective stance. "No. If you're going to get to him...you'll have to go through me..."

"Mukai-senpai..." She was determined. Determined to protect Mihara, determined to stop Kurogane, determined to end this without having any more conflict. Yet, she made a fatal mistake...

"...Fine." Kurogane folded his right-hand, pulling it back and preparing to jab Mukai-senpai.

"...!" Seeing this, I moved, but then I saw Furukawa moving past me and heading straight towards him. Kurogane, who was about to attack Mukai-senpai, was grabbed and held in place by Furukawa.

"You..."

"You were really going to hurt her, weren't you...?" said Furukawa, looking at Kurogane with his blank dark-gray eyes. Kurogane did nothing but grin at him.

"Enough! Let him go!" Mukai-senpai said.

Furukawa stared at her for a moment, then his grip on Kurogane loosened and freed him. Then, Kurogane swiftly moved, sending his back-hand to Furukawa's face. In a quick movement, Furukawa moved his head and dodged it.

"Hmph!" Next, Kurogane spun and threw a kick, which Furukawa also dodged. "Oh...?"

"Furukawa-kun..." I said in utter shock.

Kurogane, who was still grinning, moved again and threw a punch with his right-hand. Instead of dodging this time, Furukawa used his left-arm and deflected his attack.

"..." The three of us who were watching were silent, shocked by their strength and agility as they were fighting each other.

"You're definitely not an ordinary student. What do you do for a living?" Kurogane asked Furukawa.

Furukawa stared at him as he regained his composure, then he sighed. "Piano and calligraphy. And basic martial arts."

Kurogane laughed at this. "Basic? I doubt that. There's no denying that you're experienced in fighting. Tell me your name."

"...Furukawa," he answered.

"Furukawa...hm. I'll be keeping an eye on you." Kurogane turned to look at me. "And you, Horikita-san..." Kurogane turned around to look at Mukai and Mihara. "Yumiko-senpai, Mihara-senpai, I apologize for how I acted this evening. Please forgive me." Kurogane bowed, then stood back up. "I'll be leaving now." Kurogane waved goodbye and left us behind.

"..."

Mukai turned and went to Mihara, grabbing him up. "Mihara-kun, you alright?"

"Yeah...I'm fine..." Mukai brought him to a bench nearby and the two of them sat together.

"Let's just rest here for a bit, alright?"

"That's fine with me..."

Mukai smiled at him and let out a sigh of relief, then turned to us and nodded, thanking us. I nodded back, even though I did nothing but watch. I turned to look at Furukawa and saw that he was clenching and unclenching his fist multiple times, moving his arm and hand. He too might need some rest after what he did earlier.