"Oh, looks like you're here." We turned and saw a middle-aged man walking towards us. He looked fit; he wore sunglasses and had a whistle tied around his neck. It seemed like he was a PE teacher, and apparently he was going to be the one teaching us how to swim. "Alright then, line up everyone!"

We did as we were told and moved. Once we were all lined up, the coach came up next to us, seeming to count us one by one.

"Fourteen boys and twelve girls. A total of twenty-six students. I suppose that'll have to do."

Apparently, a few of our classmates couldn't make it. Rather, they chose to skip this part of class to do their own thing, which seems more important than their studies. I was clearly disappointed, knowing how much this will likely affect us later. However, the number of missing students didn't seem to bother our coach.

"Alright then. Starting now, I will be having all of you swim for me."

"E-Excuse me," asked Hamasaki. "What if some of us are not good at swimming?"

"Don't worry, you'll have time to practice and learn. I'll make sure you guys end up being excellent swimmers at the end of this. Besides, swimming will be a convenient skill for you to have."

That right there confirms it. This class that we're taking will likely be useful sometime in the future. Everyone here will be able to use this skill, but those who aren't here will likely suffer the consequences because of their absence.

"Let's get started. First, I want you to warm up a bit. After that, I'll have you all swim a total of fifty meters. Once you finish, wait until further directions."

Everybody nodded, then we moved and started doing our warm-up exercises. I stretched my arms and legs for a bit, and once I was finished, I stepped into the pool. The water was a little cold, but my body immediately adapted to it. I started to move, swimming at a steady pace. After doing fifty meters like I was told, I waited on the other side for everyone to finish.

"W-Woah~!" Kawasaki, who was in the pool, was struggling to stay afloat.

"Dude, you don't know how to swim?" asked Azuma.

"S-Sorry! It's been a while for me."

Those who weren't confident in their swimming skills were allowed a handicap by touching the floor with their feet. Slowly but surely, everyone was able to swim and finish their fifty meters.

"Hehe. How was that? So easy!" Azuma said with such confidence.

"Looks like everyone here did well. In that case, we'll move on. I'll be separating you all by gender and have you all swim alongside each other. This way, I'll see how skilled you really are. And to make it more interesting, I'll give the person in first place-boys and girls-8,000 Points. The one in last will be taking lessons for everyone else."

"W-Wait, what?!"

"Hm. This will be easy...!" said Tsukamoto with a grin on his face.

"Tsukamoto, you...!"

"What's wrong, Azuma? Scared you'll lose?" Tsukamoto teased him.

"N-No, of course not!"

Unable to listen to their voices anymore, I let out a sigh. "Hey Horikita-san." I turned to my right and saw a familiar face.

"Karuizawa-san."

"Let's do our best!" she said with a smile on her face.

"Yeah." Aside from the boys, I was really interested in who was the best out of the girls here. I wouldn't call myself a bad swimmer, but I wondered if there was anyone who's skilled or athletic. I suppose we'll see that soon.