39

Sofia.

Cami left me to go through the movies that we could stream on the screen and me being the overly obsessed Disney fan, I had picked Encanto.

She came back with some snacks and I mumbled a 'thank you' grabbing a bag of Doritos to munch on and press play as I plopped the heating pad- I was taking everywhere to place it on my lower stomach.

And I sighed. Cami and I snuggled into our blankets watching the movie animatedly but silently shoveling unhealthy snacks down our throats but at least it tasted good.

-

The credits rolled in and Cami turned off the screen turning to face me, a sad smile on her face and I tensed expecting the worst.

"Sof, Dimitri told me, about-uh you know," she muttered mournfully casting me a worried glance as I understood what she was talking about.

I awkwardly nodded feeling her sit next to me holding my hand and giving it a light squeeze.

Instead of giving me a lame apology that wouldn't help with anything besides fuck with my deteriorating mental health, she puffed out a breath meeting my eyes with good intent and I relaxed my tense form.

"What the guys did is fucked up, I know but please hear me out."

I sighed with a lip shrug to the expectant woman.

"I'm not trying to butter you up to get you to stay or anything, but what I'm trying to say is-" she sighed, her voice full of admiration "The brothers are good men....just give them a chance, please."

I opened my mouth to speak but she beat me to it.

"They never talked and wanted to be with someone, until you , the only people they interacted without being cold-hearted, monotoned idiots were family-" she paused "And now you, all I'm saying is open your eyes and don't let your past actions and their mistakes ruin your promising future," she gave me an encouraging but appreciative smile.

I absorbed her words letting them sink in a bit and thought over my answer for a bit.

I knew for sure that I liked them but the desire to love them and probably get hurt was still holding me back from opening up.

I couldn't get hurt again and risk losing my heart in the process this time. I just couldn't but what was life without taking risks though?

"I'll think about it," I didn't confirm anything but promising her this got a hearty smile on her face as I gave her one back.

"Okay, let's continue watching-" she changed the subject and thought over something for a second. "Wanna watch beauty and the beast," she turned to me with a shoulder bump and I laughed.

"Really Cami?"

An embarrassed sheepish look on her face when she understood why I laughed at the movie choice and the situation I was in.

But in my case, they were three beasts instead of one I thought to myself and Cami muttered that we should watch something else.

We settled on Frozen 2 and I couldn't help but bounce in my seat because why the fuck not? The second movie was amazing and a rewatch sounded so good right now.

My cramps have subsided to small contractions and the tea must've really kicked in as I didn't feel anything at one point besides contentment and childlike joy of watching my favorite movie.

I felt myself dozing off and the last thing I remembered was Cami fixing up my unorganized, sleepy form on the huge couch-seat thingy to a suitable position and covering me up with another heavy blanket.