40

Author's POV.

The sun shone through the curtains and the warm breezy weather and the beauty of Milan were always an amazing sight for the trio to wake up to.

Especially when they were visiting their favorite allies.

The Alexeyev brothers were the biggest gun trading and highest paid in the arm dealing business and their allies were always numerous but the Italians were the trio's favorite, they got along with them because of their fun but hardworking selves.

Plus, they were actually decent people to deal with despite their crime-filled lifestyle.

Each one of the trio woke up feeling absolutely empty without Sofia by their sides.

The beautiful view did nothing to soothe them but it reminded them to bring their love with them the next time to experience this along their side.

Nadei kept dreaming of her cute smile, her giggles, her adorable face that call from earlier was still ingrained in his brain making his heart beat faster with happiness and joy.

She missed me he felt happiness swell in his chest.

Yet, he still would rather be with her than deal with work, they just got her and they wanted to be there with her every second of every day.

Plus he wanted to be there to tend to her needs and take care of her.

Nikolai and Nial each woke up in their own rooms grumpily, they showered then got dressed sighing as they made their way out.

Thankfully the sleep they had was enough to get them through the day.

Nikolai pulled out his phone from his pocket wanting desperately to call and hear Sofia's voice but stopped himself.

The brown eyed man was pretty stressed and wanted to know if his doll was doing well with all the painful cramps she'll have to deal with for a few days.

"Brother," Nikolai declared to Nial upon seeing him getting out of his room and the latter gave his brother a side hug mumbling a 'good morning'.

They talked amongst each other ascending the stairs of their penthouse to their kitchen where Nadei was awfully cheerful and had a blown-out smile on his face.

He turned around facing the two grumpy men and handed them their coffee muttering a 'good morning' and they nodded at him in reply.

"почему ты такой счастливый, на самом деле, почему ты счастлив, когда мы далеко от нашей девушки?" Nikolai grumbled showing his longing to be near his kitten.
(why are you so happy- actually why are you happy when we're away from our girl?)

"Я разговаривал с ней вчера, и она сказала, что скучает по нам," Nadei said happily a chuckle coming out of him as he served himself and his brothers breakfast.
(I talked to her yesterday, and she said she missed us too)

The other two glared at him and he smiled sheepishly.

"Why didn't you wake us up, I really wanted to talk to her?" Nikolai switched to English practically garbling like a kid throwing a tantrum but Nadei just laughed at his brother which made Nikolai give him the finger and a death stare.

"Selfish asshole," he muttered and Nial laughed at his brothers' actions.

"Let's have some breakfast and try to get this shit done. I want to talk to my kitten," Nikolai sighed, and the other two nodded agreeing with his statement.

------------------------

Meanwhile, Sofia woke up abruptly from sleep, her sobs echoed through the soundproof room, her shaking form looking as if on the verge of blacking out from her nightmare.

She was having a panic attack.

The nightmare of the night she escaped from their house haunted her with her bright blue eyes scanning the room with the dim natural sunlight peeking through the blinds as she imagined that her tormentors would show up and hurt her.

She shook her head trying to turn on the light for better vision, she pushed herself back into the headboard when the bright light illuminated the dark-themed room.

Sofia tried to take a few deep breaths attempting to get herself back together but it didn't fucking work.

She didn't rethink her decision for one second before shakily grabbing her phone unplugging it from the charger and immediately calling him.

Opening his mouth to greet his friends when Valentino went in for a hug, a buzzing sound was heard and he didn't hesitate to answer promptly, his heart thundering in his chest when he glimpsed her name on his screen.

His friends and his brothers cast him a few worried looks but he just waved them off moving to have some distance and privacy.

"Baby?" He asked, the worry in his voice and soft tone calming her down a bit.

She put it on speaker struggling to formulate a coherent sentence.

"N-Nikolai, I-I-" she whimpered her breathing coming out in unlaboured puffs, the ache in her lower stomach unwavering along with her pounding headache. She aggressively wiped away her tears with her clammy hands.

His heart broke as he heard her voice, the state she was in worrying him in more ways than another.

"Love, please, breathe for me-" he encouraged making his tone of voice softer "in and out , baby, come on-" he whispered trying to calm her down feeling his hand grip the phone tighter.

And she tremblingly obeyed as Nikolai muttered comforting words to her wishing he was there to hold her and not let her suffer on her own.

"Come on, kitten, take deep breaths," he instructed sweetly and a shuddering breath left her trembling lips with a puff stabilizing her breathing.

"Good girl, such a good girl, now love. Get some water in your system, alright?"

He felt tears stinging at the corners of his eyes because of his baby's pain, he wanted to be there for her and now.

Suddenly a hand was placed on his shoulder.

He turned around holding the phone to his ear hearing Sofia's sniffling dying down. Luca's slightly shorter form came to view and Nikolai gave him a weak smile reigning back the emotions he was feeling.

"We're leaving,-" he noticed the grim expression on Nikolai's face, "What's with the long face, fratello?" He asked, his Italian accent prominent and Nikolai sighed.

"I'll tell you later," he whispered as he gestured to his phone. Luca understood what he was telling him and gave him an 'okay' striding to the others that were conversing amongst themselves.

Nadei and Nial looked back at their troubled brother and wondered what would have happened. The latter immediately excused himself to check on him.

Hoping that it wasn't his babygirl that was hurt.

"Kitten, are you alright?" Nikolai asked and Sofia blew a breath out of relief after drinking her glass of water, her parched throat hydrated at last.

"Yeah, I-I'm good, I'm sorry I called you, I just-just-" he cut her off sternly, "Don't you dare apologize for something you can't control, love. I'm always here for you-" he sighed softly.

"Baby, we will always be here for you."

Sofia's heart was thundering in her chest for all the right reasons, this time when Nikolai said that.

"Thank you," she whispered, a soft blush on her face, thankfulness painted across her face and Nikolai smiled as Nial's equally large form stood to face him.

Nikolai bestowed him a nod and mouthed "Sofia," and confusion took over his brother's features but suddenly paled fearing for her.

"Love?" Sofia hummed yawning tiredly "Nial wants to talk to you, is that alright?" She let out a breath mumbling a 'sure'.

The man smiled bashfully grabbing ahold of the phone and Nikolai left him to talk to her knowing how much they all had missed her.