The River Spirit

Hanamura

Shimada Castle

No one's POV

Shimada castle once home to the Shimada clan was taken over by the Hashimoto clan. After the death of Sojiro Shimada and disappearances of both of his sons.

Now the newly reformed Hashimoto clan calls this place "home". Until they can reclaim back Kanezaka.

The leader of the newly reformed Hashimoto clan, Katsuo speaking to his second in command. A member of his version of the Hashimoto elite Naoki.

Naoki:Tell me boss what is this mission that we are doing?

Katsuo:I wish to open a small base of operations by river, East of Kanezaka. One where we can oversee the town.

Naoki:Until we can eventually get what rightfully belongs to you. I heard Talon is willing to fund the entire project.

Katsuo:I don't like working with them or Null Sector, especially Null Sector. Personally i want them gone. Because if they keep on destroying the damn world then there won't be anything to rule over.

Naoki:Ah so that's why you asked one of our engineers to put an emp intk the base.

Katsuo:Precisely, i don't want any of those damn bots coming into Japan. Soon Akande himself will visit the base and check on us. I want to put on a good impression for our investors.

Naoki:Someday we'll be able to stand up against the great Doomfist ourselves.

Katsuo:Akande is just a stepping stone towards our true goal. We need Talon's wealth to fund our projects.

Naoki:Ah yes because that disgrace of a cousin of yours-

Katsuo:Don't you dare mention my uncle's offspring! The only good thing he has ever done was vacate the throne for me.

Naoki:Yes, our only true savior. Someday you'll rule like the god that you are. Please forgive me for my insolence.

Katsuo:You are forgiven. Speaking of that worm, i heard that he's been traveling around the world.

Naoki:How so?

Katsuo:Apparently he's apart of a group called Overwatch. They must be desperate if they wanted him to join.

Naoki:Well they certainly went to the wrong Hashimoto for help.

Katsuo:Indeed, I would've built them an army based off loyalty. Atleast my talents are being used for something else.

Naoki:Boss, I'd like to present with you something that some of my men had collected.

Naoki gives Katsuo a briefcase. He opens it up for his boss revealing stacks of cash inside.

Naoki:My men were able to steal this from wealthy man out of town. We are donating it to you to help rebuild the organization.

Katsuo chuckled as he took a yen from the suitcase.

Katsuo:Money it's truly something that is powerful. How a piece of paper controls so much of the world. Money buys loyalty and respect from others. But it also buys luxurious items such as the wine i drink at seven. But it also buys weapons and tools.

Katsuo placed the yen back into the suitcase with Naoki closing it and handing it over to his boss.

Katsuo:Thanks to my uncle i wasn't able to live in such luxury. My mother had to keep me in hiding and we had to live off in a shack.

Naoki:This is where you truly belong sir.

Katsuo:Indeed i do, Naoki.

Katsuo sat down on a chair as he grabbed an old photograph. One that pictured the old Hashimoto elite.