Heir to a Kingdom

Flashback, many years ago to a 5 year old Y/N

I remember that day like it was yesterday, the day that i had lost my mother, the day when bad luck began to have an attraction towards me.

Sitting in my mom's car as we were driving back from the store. I never liked going on long rides as a ride. They always bored me.

Y/N:Hey mom, do you think i can help you make dinner today?

Shiori:Of course Y/N, you're always my special little helper!

Y/N:Thank you mom, i promise that i'll be the best helper!

Shiori:I know you will Y/N, because you're my precious little angel.

My eyes brighten up i was close with my mom. I never knew who my dad was but my mom was there for me. She taught me to be a brave boy and did her best to raise me.

As we were returning  back to my step dad's house. I looked outside of the window as we drove through the streets of Kyoto, my hometown.

However as my mom continued to drive home another car wasn't paying attention to the road. It immediately crashed into ours. I immediately blacked out from the impact of the car.

Sometimes i feel like had my crow spirit awakened at my young age. I would be able to see the misfortune sign from that car. Maybe i would be able to warn my mom about it.

I woke up a short while after the crash as i began to cough. With emergency responders immediately opening the car.

I stared at my mom's lifeless body, as she layed on the steering wheel of the car. 

Y/N:Mommy....

The door to the car of my side would open up, i noticed a man.

???:Hey the kid is alright!

He immediately pulled his hand for me to grab it.

???:Come on take my hand it's alright.

I grabbed the man's hand as he took me out of the car. Many sirens were going on aroubd the scene of the crash.The people that had crashed into us also survived.

Members of a medical staff came to me and started doing a check up on me to see if i was okay.

A police officer would walk up infront of me with news to deliver to me.

Police officer:Hey kid.. There's something we have to tell you about your mom.

Y/N:What is it sir? Is my mom gonna be alright!?

Police officer 2:Don't tell the kid, he's too young to understand the concept of life and death. It's better that his dad or another relative tells him.

Another car showed up to the crash scene, with my step dad and my two step siblings coming out of the car.

Tatsuki:Officer,please tell me what is going on? Why did i call about something about a car crash!?

The officer told my stepdad the news about my mom. I watched as he had tears coming from his eyes.

Both my step dad and his two kids walked in front of me, checking up on me.

Tatsuki:Hey Y/N... How are you doing?

Y/N:I'm doing fine, Tatsuki!

Tatsuki:That's good to hear...

He had a different tone in his voice and a sad expression on his face.

Y/N:Hey Tatsuki is my mom going to be alright?