•|Ahl-e-Dil|• 5

Start from the beginning

"Toh chale jaao" He blinked in mortification. 

[Then leave]

Saying this, she left him out on the doorstep and rushed inside. Fariya felt her heart prickled at his sight yet was helpless. She was supposed to hate this man but why was her heart aching at his state?

Zaid stood motionless, staring at the space where she stood a few moments ago.

•••

Fariya was dreading to step inside the room. The room where her Nikkah was held. She couldn't breathe. Her heart hammered in her chest, fear striking through her body at the thought of facing her family.

Why is it always her who has to face the consequences of others' actions?

Her hand froze in the air in front of the door as she was about to open it. The door burst open and a furious man walked out. Fariya took a step back in fear, her eyes widening when she realized it was the groom.

And he was extremely angry. Her terrified eyes watered more when he gazed at her filthily as if she was the most sinful woman to walk on earth.

He walked past her, muttering curses under his breath, and the other people or the supposed barat tailed behind. Mean looks, disgusting faces, and endless curses at her character were thrown her way.

"Aisi hoti hai ladkiyan? Shaadi ek se, Chakkar kisi ek se?"

[Are girls like this? Marrying one and loving someone else!]

"Kirdaar bhi hai is ladki ka? Pata nahi kya kya gul khilaye hai isne us ameer zaade ke saath!"

[Does she even have a character? I don't know what else she did with that rich man]

"Wahi toh mai kahu, itna deewana koi kisi keliye hosakta hai?"

[That's what I'm saying, how can someone be so crazy about her?]

"Allah ne hame bacha liya is ladki se!"

[God saved us from her]

"Ye harkat hum bhulenge nahi Aasiya! Khuda tumhari beti ka theek nahi karega is bezati ke baad!"

[We will never forget this deed. God will not do good with your daughter after how you insulted us]

He was the one who came and claimed her in front of all.

He was the one who punched the groom.

He was the one who created a drama in front of all.

And the society questions the one for whom he did. The innocent one. Not only do they question but point fingers at her character, and her family, and not even the dead and deceased are spared.

Such a lovely society we live in!

One by one every guest left the house in a dreading manner. The words they told were stabbed in her heart. She stared at the space, her mind blank. The silence of the house suddenly dawned at her and her heart picked up its pace.

With a torturous movement, She dared to lift her eyes only to clash with Aasiya begum's Burning ones. A havoc shiver ran down her spine and she immediately started sprinting.

"Fariya!" Aasiya begum chased after her wildly, Yet the said woman never stopped.

Just before Aasiya Begum could get hold of her, Fariya entered a room and shut the door in her face. The impact caused Aasiya Begum to stumble back with her nose red and injured.