42 ~ PRESENT (Rashid's POV)

CHAPTER FORTY TWO

ANG nanginginig na mga kamay ni Valeska na nakapatong sa kandungan nito. Ang labi na nawawalan ng kulay. Ang mga gasgas sa braso. At ang palinga-linga sa paligid na para bang anomang sandali ay may mananakit dito, ay ang mga dahilan kung bakit nagdidilim ang paningin ni Rashid.

He met Valeska during Carter Altaraza's bachelor party. She was one of the dancer who was paid to entertain them.

To take one of the girls out wasn't his attention. It's just that... he was thrilled when she started to dance in front of him and tried hard her best to seduce him.

After spending a steamy night with her, he knew by then that he wouldn't allow her to just escape and just forget what they've shared. He needs to do something to make her stay.

To see her begging to leave their own house is maddening. Bumangon ang kyoryosidad niya kung bakit gano'n nalang ang takot ng dalaga. He immediately found answers to her fears.

She's domestically and physically abused by her own mother and her mother's live-in partner. Nawala ng ilang taon sa Pampanga. At nang nagbalik, gano'n pa rin ang naging trato rito ng sariling ina.

It was a stupid move to go back to the place that only brings you pain. But he doesn't want to blame Valeska. Her mother and her ninang Daria is the only family she has in the Philippines. Her father is a French national. Kitang-kita sa itsura ng dalaga ang dugong banyaga nito.

Her eyes are captivating but there's no emotions in there. Her pointed nose is match with her pink lips. The big waves of her hair looked sexy especially when she moves together with it. She's tall and her curves are on the right places. Mabilis din na mamula ang balat kapag natutukan ng init o kaya'y kahit matagal niya lang na nahawakan.

As time passed by, she have learned to open herself to him. He didn't force her to do it. He wanted her to willingly tell him everything about her and her life. At habang itinutulak siya sa puno't dulo ng dahilan ng takot ni Valeska, mas lalo siyang nagpupursige na pagbayarin ang mga taong nanakit sa dalaga.

"Boss, ipapatumba ba?" Tanong sa kanya ng tauhan sa kabilang linya.

Rodolfo was Valeska's mother live-in partner. He is a drug user and working under a drug lord in the region. But he managed to put him down and brought behind the bars.

"Hindi. Diyan lang 'yan sa kulungan."

"Okay. Boss. Kami na ang bahala sa tarantado na 'to."

Naputol ang tawag at ibinaba niya ang cellphone sa lamesa nang makita na palapit sa kanya si Valeska. She's holding a tray of cookies for him. Maganda ang ngiti sa labi.

Sa tuwing nakikita niya itong masaya kasama niya, tila siya nabubunutan ng tinik sa lalamunan. She's very secretive. Though, she always told him that she trusted him. Still, there were things that he doesn't really know about her. And he's willing to wait until she finally open herself to him.

She's talking about the upcoming auction. Gusto niya itong sumahan ngunit ayaw niya itong pangunahan. The organizer of the auction is not really familiar to him. But he have his own ways to get information about it.

Paraiso de Solandis is an institution who help women who suffered from any form of abuse or harassment. It was located at the secluded province in North Luzon. It was a private organization managed by women. He discovered that his mother is one of the major sponsor of that.

"What is it, mom?" One time, he visited his mother just to asked about Solandis.

"Hijo, I don't want to disclose that topic on you."