8 ~ BOYFRIEND

CHAPTER EIGHT

THE shooting practice, the bullets, the targets, and Rashid's words of encouragement and his praises, lingered on her mind. That even though they are back to his condo in Alabang, she couldn't stop talking about it.

"How's my shooting stance? Do you think it's enough?" She asked with enthusiasm. "Did I do it the way you taught it?"

Rashid is preparing their dinner. Inaya naman siya nito kung gusto niyang sa labas sila maghapunan pero mas pinili niyang magluto nalang. She can cook but he's a cook, too. Kaya ito ang nasa kusina at siya naman ay nasa nanonood dito.

"Your stance is fine. Just relax your arms next time."

Valeska stretches her arms.

That's the issue that Rashid saw after her practice. Naka-ilang tapik ito sa mga braso niya kanina dahil masyado raw 'yon matigas at parang hindi makagalaw ng malaya. It affects the flow of her blood properly that could cause her to miss the target.

She ran her fingers on the screen of her smartphone to see their next shooting schedule. She was the who made it. May practice sana sila bukas dahil Linggo, kaya lang ay importante rin ang pagkikita nila ni Ivanka. She moved the practice on Monday instead.

"Ayos lang sa sayo na mag practice ulit tayo sa Monday?"

Rashid is on his comfortable white shirt and black shorts. He's slicing the potato to put on her pork adobo which she requested him to cook.

"We will do it in Manila."

"Wala kang trabaho sa araw na 'yon?"

"I need to check some things first before we will do yours."

"What time do you need to work?"

"I'll be free in the afternoon."

Even if he answered indirectly, she can still get the answer that she needed.

"Do you have to go to work? I mean, do you need to visit the office or headquarter of Los Oculto?"

After he settled the pork, he washed his hands. Then he faced her by leaning against the counter sink.

She's sitting on the high chair of the island counter. Behind her is the line of expensive bottles of liquors.

Pumangalumbaba siya habang pinagmamasdan ito at naghihintay ng sagot. She likes the feeling when she wasn't nervous around him. Maybe she's started to get used with his presence and menacing stares.

"Yes."

"Paano ako?" Nag-aalala niyang sambit.

When he walked towards her, she tried hard not to sit properly. Sinikap niyang panatilihin ang ayos para naman hindi halata na apektado siya na lalapit ito ng husto sa kanya.

"You can stay here while waiting or you wanna go shop?"

"I don't have money to shop."

"I'll give you my card."

Dalawang kamay na ang inilagay niya sa chin at malumanay na tinignan ang lalaki sa harap niya. He's very very good looking but his aura is really heavy. Some times, she can't take him. Kaya siguro lumalakas ang pintig ng puso niya dahil na rin do'n.