17 ~ SECURITY

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

VALESKA'S friends arrived in Metro. Kaya naman napag-desisyonan nilang magkita-kita na bago pa ang araw ng auction. They are all looking forward for that day because they hadn't seen each other for a long while now.

Ivanka booked a massage and nail spa appointment for them in a five star hotel in Makati. Hinatid naman siya roon ni Rashid at babalikan nalang siya kapag tapos na sila.

Since the day she confessed about Paraíso de Solandis, she felt like he became more and more caring, protected and he always made sure that he knows what she feels.

Minsan, natatawa nalang siya dahil kahit na hindi naman siya sanay na may nagtatanong kung ayos lang ba talaga siya, masarap din pala sa pakiramdam na may taong ituturing siya sa paraan na akala niya ay hindi niya na mararanasan.

He's overly protective though. That he wants a bodyguard for her whenever he wasn't around. It felt like it was too much for her or maybe because she wasn't just use to it.

"What? Why would I need a bodyguard?" Valeska's eyebrows creased.

She's cleaning the dining table while Rashid is washing the dishes. Gano'n ang rotation nila palagi. Kapag siya ang nagluto, ito naman ang maghuhugas ng pinagkainan nila. Vise versa.

"For your security. I have my bodyguards too," he said like it's also normal for her if she have a bodyguard.

"I don't see your bodyguards."

"They're invisible. But I honestly have."

"Why?" Tinapos niya ang paglilinis sa lamesa at nilapitan ito.

She leaned against the expensive double door refrigerator and crossed her arms above her chest as she watched him with curious eyes.

"Because my father has a lot of enemies. I don't need bodyguards but for my mother's peace of mind, I'll let them guard me."

Rashid can surely protect himself that he doesn't need other people to do it for him. But what made her amazed is the fact the he allowed himself to have a bodyguards just so his mother can have her peace of mind.

"But your father is already in jail."

"But that doesn't mean his enemies would stop from messing around."

Valeska pursed her lips. Really, she doesn't need bodyguard. Hindi naman siguro siya idadamay ng mga kaaway ni Ramesh Montecarlo?

"You won't see your bodyguard. You won't know his identity." He sounded like he's negotiating that she suddenly wanted to agree with what he wants.

"I will have an invisible bodyguard too?"

Rashid glanced at her, then nodded his head.

"I'd have bodyguard lang kapag nasa labas ako at hindi kita kasama?"

"Uh-huh."

And just like that, she instantly remembered their private moments together outside his condo. Does it mean... there were guards who were watching them?

Napatayo siya ng tuwid at ibinaba ang mga kamay sa gilid niya. Napatingin tuloy sa kanya si Rashid habang nagpupunas ng kamay.

"So, whenever we were outside, your invisible guards are following us?"

"They're mostly away from us. Why?"

"They don't see us... kissing?"

A smirk formed his lips. He slowly took the distance between them until he's in front of her--towering her with his intimidated height and masculinity.