20 ~ RAINDROPS

TRIGGER WARNING!

This content is disturbing and may be traumatizing.
Read at your own risk.

***

CHAPTER TWENTY

THE black half masquerade mask she put on has a red flower on the side to match her evening gown. Rashid on the other hand, chose a black one. As she expected.

There are some press media, reporters and TV hosts to do the interviews for all the guests. Especially, those known personalities that are present in the auction.

Rashid's expensive car parked in front of the privately owned art gallery by one of the sponsors of Solandis. Cameras are flashing everywhere and they are bombarded with so many questions about their life, the auction and who are they.

"Good evening, Madame, Sir!"

"Can we have a short interview, please?"

"Your evening gown is stunning as you. Where did you buy it, Ma'am?"

Rashid slid his palm on her waist and guided her at the entrance. Ang mga media sa labas ay hindi kabilang sa opisyal na na-imbitahan ng Solandis. Kaya nag-aabang lang ang mga ito sa labas. Dahil na rin na-leak nga ang guest lists sa auction at nalaman kung sino ang mga magpupunta.

The red carpet and the chandeliers scream elegance and wealth. Even the way the organizers and media personalities reacts are well-mannered. Hindi katulad ng mga tao sa labas kung saan magulo at maingay.

They stopped in a spot where the photographers need to take a photo of them. After a few shots, the usher guided them into a wall where the design is full of different kind of flowers and Paraíso de Solandis is written there along the details of the auction and art gallery.

Another photographer took a photo of them before an interviewer asked them random questions.

"What made you come here, Ma'am? Sir?"

Valeska is more thrilled than nervous. She wasn't use to that kind of surrounding or to be interviewed by someone as if her life mattered so much. The attention that these people are giving them is making her in awe.

"Solandis became part of my life. It's an honor to be here tonight and see the rainbows after the storm. This is something I would not miss."

Rashid's hand stayed on her waist. Even though he's wearing a masquerade, she can still sense this side of him that can make people intimidated.

The interviewer turned the microphone to him. Trying her best to stay professional even though she seemed a bit off with Rashid's heavy aura.

"How 'bout you, Sir? W-what made you come here tonight?"

"I just want to let my girlfriend know that I'm always in her corner in everything she does." He answered in a formal tone, but it honestly made her heart melted.

The interviewer couldn't hide the giggles.

"You two looked perfect together! One more question please before I'll let both of you go. Ma'am, you told me that Solandis became part of your life. In what way?"

Valeska simply took a deep breath.

She absentmindedly placed her left hand above Rashid's hand on her waist. She wasn't comfortable answering that question.

She didn't know what Rashid have done but one of the guard excused himself so that they can leave.

Wala naman ng nagawa ang interviewer dahil may dumating na rin na ilan pang bisita.