13 ~LABEL (SPG)

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

VALESKA cooked dinner after she took a shower. Rashid usually home around eight in the evening, but he said he will be late but she's still cooked. Iyon lang naman din ang ginagawa niya kapag mag-isa sa condo. The good thing is, she liked cooking and baking. She enjoyed doing it.

From: Rashid

Don't wait for me. I'll be really late.

To: Rashid

Oh. I already cooked dinner. I will eat alone nalang.

Hindi naman 'yon nakakatampo pero parang hindi niya maiwasan. Inisip niya nalang na talaga sigurong abala si Rashid sa trabaho kaya gagabihin talaga ng uwi.

From: Rashid

I'll visit my mom. I'll tell her 'bout the auction.

Pakiramdam niya ay lumiwanag ang mukha niya. At mas lalong nawala ang tila pagtatampo sa dibdib ng tumawag si Rashid. Agad niya namang sinagot 'yon.

"I'm sorry. I can't have dinner with you tonight."

She smiles. He doesn't need to apologize but she's happy that he did.

"Okay lang. Are you really going to see your mom?"

"Yes. Just a quick visit then I'll go home."

"Uh, I hope it's all good," she lost for words.

"I'll let you know when she agreed to be in the auction."

"Thank you, baby." Her face heated. Hindi pa siya sanay na tawagin ito sa endearment na 'yon lalo at wala sila sa kama.

He chuckled sexily on the other line.

"But what if my mom doesn't want to go? Hmm?"

And why it sounded like he low key wanted her to invite him instead?

"Then, amm, I would invite someone else?"

"Who is that someone else?"

Valeska pursed her lips. Damn it! Why the hell she can't invite him directly? And the hell is the problem of her heart? It pounded hard against chest.

She dramatically sighed to let him know that he's giving her a hard time to decide.

"I... if... if it's fine with you. I'd like to invite you."

There. She finally said it!

Rashid breath of relieve filled her ear. He didn't speak yet. It took them awhile to break the silence and their soft breathing.

"Kung ayaw mo-"

"Gusto ko," he cut her off in a low raspy tone.

Sumilay ang ngiti sa labi niya. "Be my date then."

"We will talk about it when I get home."

"Okay."

"Are you done taking a shower?"

Natawa siya. "Yes."

"Good."

Lalo siyang natawa. Palagi naman siyang naliligo tuwing gabi at minsan ay sabay pa sila. But his question was funny. Nakakaisip tuloy siya ng kahalayan na mangyayari pag-uwi nito.

"Uh! I should've wait for you," she made her voice regretful.

"Oh, yeah."

"But I can always take a shower again and with you."

"Nah. Just lay in bed, naked, and I'll be fine."

Valeska laughed, that made him laugh too. If that was a joke from him, then, it was ridiculous!