"Dinner for Two?" (Dahyun) 💕

TW's// Arguments, bad first date, men

TW's// Arguments, bad first date, men... /lh, fluff!!!!! //

As you sat at the coffee shop, anticipation and nerves stirred within you as you waited for your blind date's arrival.

You weren't one to do these kind of things, you didn't like meeting new people and were very reserved, though it did get lonely sometimes. You gave in and had to ask your friend to set you up.

Apart from all the nerve, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee settled around, creating an atmosphere of warmth and comfort.

When your date arrived, initial conversations flowed smoothly, filling the air with promising interactions.

The ambiance seemed perfect—a blend of cozy chatter and aromatic coffee, a perfect first date in your eyes.

However, as the evening progressed, a subtle change occurred.

Your date grew increasingly hesitant and overbearing, especially when you engaged in friendly small talk with the waitress.

Though you couldn't lie, she did catch your eye, her outfit casual yet modern in her own sense of style, her hair tied in a small simple high bun, something about her attracted you.

—"This place has a great vibe, don't you think?"

you remarked, trying to keep the conversation going.

Dahyun, attentive to the atmosphere, replied cheerfully,

—"Absolutely! Anything else I can get you both?"

Before you could respond, your date interjected with a terse,

— "No, we're fine."

His sudden shift in tone created an awkward pause that lingered uncomfortably, locking eyes with your waitress as you stared at her uncomfortably.

As time passed, the conversation between you and your date strained.

He became passive-aggressive, particularly whenever you engaged in casual chatter with Dahyun.

—"What's your favorite drink here?"

you asked, hoping to lighten the mood.

Dahyun leaned in with a friendly demeanor.

—"I'm a fan of our hazelnut latte, it's honestly a huge recommend, but everything's delicious."

Your date's demeanor shifted noticeably, jealousy creeping into his words.

—"Seems like you're quite interested in our server,"

he remarked, bitterness tainting his tone.

Caught off guard, you attempted to defuse the situation.

—"I'm just making conversation, nothing more."

But his jealousy only intensified, and your conversation devolved into a heated argument.

—"You always do this! Flirting with everyone you meet, you're supposed to be with me!"

he accused, his voice rising.

Feeling unfairly targeted, you retorted,

"What the hell do you mean!? I'm just trying to have a pleasant evening. Plus, we literally just met what do you mean i always do this? Stop trying to cause a scene."

As tension peaked, Dahyun, perceptive to the escalating conflict, discreetly intervened, attempting to diffuse the mounting unease between you two.

Despite her efforts, the argument reached a crescendo. Frustration boiled over.

"I can't do this anymore!"

he snapped, glaring at both you and Dahyun before storming out, leaving behind an awkward silence.

You sighed, a mix of disappointment and relief washing over you. Dahyun approached gently, offering sympathy.

"I'm sorry about that. Some people can't handle misunderstandings,"

she offered, extending a comforting hand.

Managing a small smile through your frustration, you replied,

— "Yeah, it's been something."

Dahyun looked at you with genuine interest.

"Despite the chaos, would you consider going out with me sometime? I find your demeanor very charming, regardless of the situation."

She offered a tentative smile, waiting for your response amidst the lingering aroma of coffee and the subdued hum of conversations around you.

You looked into her eyes flushed, maybe a dinner for two wasn't a bad idea.