"Silent Cry" Pt. 2 (Jihyo) 🌧️

TW'// Alternative title : "Beautiful sky", Angst, 5 stages of grief, toxic relationships, recommended to listen to the music while reading so it can break your heart, this entire story is in Jihyo's POV"

I stared at my phone as i sent my now ex-girlfriend my breakup message, my eyebrows furrow as my breathing was uneven, words couldn't describe how angry she made me today and i couldn't handle that anymore.

In a matter of seconds she read the message, a common habit of hers, you could ignore her for days yet she would answer you so quickly, i honestly thought it was cute.

As i read the message, my eyebrows furrowed a bit, she was guilt tripping me again, this bitch..

I threw my phone as i shut it off, roughly turning to my side as i stared at the moonlight glistening in my window, resting my eyes till the next day.

....
...
...

—"JIHYOO, JIHYO! WAKE UP, PLEASE"

My eyes shot wide open as i heard a scream, Sana collapsing onto the floor next to me, tears bursting out her eyes

—"Holy shit, what the fuck happened!?"

—"It's Y/N, Jihyo! S-Shes fucking dead!"

Sana crashed into my arms, pulling me into a tight embrace as she cried all over my shoulder

I was zoning out, the reality of the situation hitting me like a ton of bricks, and tears welled up in my eyes as i stared into the wall, feeling an overwhelming sense of loss.

"H-her grandma called me, she went to visit her and... she found her dead on the bed, she fucking died in her sleep jihyo, SHES DEAD!"

I immediately grabbed my phone, desperately trying to call her, hoping it was a cruel prank or a misunderstanding.
But as the calls went unanswered, I couldn't ignore the truth any longer.

My heart screamed for it to be a lie, but deep down, I knew it was real.

As i left the final call, my phone fell out of my hands, tears flowing down my face, a numb expression on my face as Sana was trembling next to me.

The disbelief soon gave way to anger. I felt a surge of frustration directed at myself and the world.

Why did she never reach out, why was i so selfish, gosh, why did i treat her like this, I fucking hate everything, it's all my fault.

My emotions went into a spiral as I searched for someone or something to blame.

I wish I could turn back time, change my words, being there for her when she needed me instead of just lashing out an invalidating her emotions.

I replayed the argument in my mind, regretting the harsh words and longing for a chance to make amends.

The weight of the loss settled heavily on my shoulders.

I isolated myself from the world, barely eating, sleeping or taking care of myself.

finding solace in the memories of our time together. The joyous moments, the small hugs, the kisses, all the tiny skinship and her loving words as i soothed her to sleep, it all felt like a distant dream, and the guilt gnawed at my heart, making it hard to find any peace.

As the weeks passed, I gradually began to accept the reality of her absence.

It didn't mean the pain disappeared, but I acknowledged that she was gone.

I clung to the cherished memories, understanding that those precious moments would forever hold a place in my heart.

And now every time i see the sky in a purple or pink hue, i think of you my love, my beautiful sky, my sunset girl that i still dream of to this day.

How much i wish i was a better person, and how i wish my last words with you weren't so cruel.

But now you're away, hidden in my cherished memories, my sky.