Miss Yoo (Jeongyeon) 💕

TW:// Enemies to lovers, Highschool AU, R! and Yoo are seniors, fluff, slight angst, arguments, cursing, Nayeon and Sana mentioned, I had a lot of fun writing this NGl

TW:// Enemies to lovers, Highschool AU, R! and Yoo are seniors, fluff, slight angst, arguments, cursing, Nayeon and Sana mentioned, I had a lot of fun writing this NGl...//

—"Come on girl, it can't be that bad?"

Nayeon replies as she fixes her base with a cushion foundation, giving you advice as you groaned on Sana's shoulder

—"You're playing with me, Nay, It is fucking bad!! If she passes me in this i'll literally kill myself!"

You blurted, Sana shutting you up with a spoonful of rice into your mouth, making you mumble on it.

The cafeteria buzzed with the midday rush as you sat among your only friends whom tried to give you advice, trying to offer some solace amidst the storm of your college entrance exams.

It was during this so called fragile peace that Jeongyeon, like a tempest in human form, strode by.

You guys never had gotten along well, always beating each other in some kind of way, always top of the class.

Every moment with her felt like some kind of competition, and you'd do anything in your power to beat her.

With calculated precision, she nudged her elbow to your direction, sending her opened bottle of chocolate milk onto your white clothes.

Shock and embarrassment gripped you as the lunchroom fell silent, all eyes fixated on the unfolding drama.

Your heart pounded with a blend of humiliation and fury while Jeongyeon's smirk made your blood boil.

—"You've got to be fucking kidding me, Yoo."

you muttered, attempting to keep your composure as you attempted to salvage the dignity that remained amidst the mess.

—"Nailed it,"

Jeongyeon sneered, giggling lightly as she walked away.

—"I'm gonna fucking kill her."

———

Time now skipped to you in the lockers rooms having to wear your Gym clothes; the clash between you and Jeongyeon was a whole different thing.

Your rivalry was the stuff of legends, the top two students constantly vying for that number one spot.

Jeongyeon, with her cocky demeanor, always found ways to tease and provoke you, while you, though more tempered, gave as good as you got. It was a whirlwind of arguments, competitive jabs, and a shared determination to outdo one another.

The school corridors echoed with your heated arguments, practically a daily routine for the both of you at this point.

She loved to push your buttons, finding ways to rile you up.

Your responses were often laced with biting retorts, though tempered by a hint of understanding beneath the surface.

—"Seriously, Y/N, can't you even solve this simple equation?"

Jeongyeon taunted as she leaned over to your desk area, flashing a smug grin, It didn't help that the seat assignments were by grade.

—"I can, but unlike you, I don't feel the need to show off every time I do, Miss Yoo."

you retorted, narrowing your eyes as you continued studying.

As your final year progressed, the looming college entrance exam became the ultimate battleground. 

You buried yourself in books, determined to secure that top spot. And you didn't hold back on needling Jeongyeon, hoping to throw her off balance.

—"You're looking a bit tense, Jeongyeon. Worried about falling behind?"

you remarked, a mischievous glint in your eye.

—"Please, Y/N. I'm not losing sleep over a test,"

Jeongyeon replied coolly, much to your surprise.

Confident in your preparation, you marched into the examination hall, nerves tingling with anticipation.

The results, when they arrived, sent shockwaves through your system. You had surpassed Jeongyeon's score by a significant margin.

Stunned and bewildered, you sought out Jeongyeon, demanding an explanation.

—"Why didn't you try harder? You could've beaten me easily!"

You scolded as you landed a push to her shoulder, your eyebrows furrowing at how calm she was to this.

Jeongyeon's usually composed facade wavered, revealing a vulnerability you'd never seen before.

—"Because seeing you happy and smiling when you win... that's all I ever wanted, even if it meant losing this time."

Her words struck a chord within you, silencing any further protests. The competitive facade melted away, leaving behind a newfound understanding, this was the real Yoo.

—"You did all this just for me?"

you asked, disbelief coloring your voice.

Jeongyeon looked away, a faint blush coloring her cheeks.

—"Maybe. Don't make a big deal out of it."

She sighed out, her hand going to rub her nape gently.

—"You know,"

Jeongyeon said, breaking the silence,

—"I might miss our arguments a little."

A soft chuckle escaped your lips.

—"Yeah, me too. But I think I'll miss your competitive spirit more."

The girl held you up by the chin, planting a small kiss on your cheek.

—"Maybe you'll see it some other time, yeah? I had fun."

She muttered, walking away as she left you there, dumbfounded by what just happened.

I cant be falling for her.