"He's not missing. He's in the Bahamas working on his tan. Very entitled, that one. Marches to his own drum. He's a Fell. They're all snooty." Jenna replied

"Well, dating losers is something that runs in the family, right Jenna?" I added, trying to turn the conversation away from Logan.

"Yes, it definitely is. How long has it been since you and Jake broke up again?" Jenna asked with a smile

"A year and a half." I stated. I have been making it my goal to avoid that guy as much as possible, luckily he wasn't in any of my classes this year.

"That one was messy." Jenna said to Damon.

"Really? What happened?" Damon asked. His jaw was clenched tightly, I could bet that if I gave him a last name and an address he would probably kill him. But that would be assuming that he cares enough.

"He cheated on me, with two different women. I was actually glad it happened, I wanted to break up with him and he gave me a pretty good reason to." I said as I took a sip of my drink.

"Do you want me to kill him?" Damon asked, he said it with a joking tone but I could tell that he meant it.

"No, it's okay." I tried to placate him

"That's so sweet. I wish I had a guy who would kill for me." Jenna smirked into her wine as she hopped off the table, evidently trying to stir something. All she succeeded in doing was making that weird feeling ride in my chest again, a feeling that I couldn't afford to feel.

"Yeah, aren't you lucky." Damon said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and looked away from him. Luckily, Elena walked in at that moment, saving me from any more awkwardness.

"Hey, where have you been?" Jenna asked Elena as she looked at Damon in confusion.
"We're cooking dinner." Jenna added

"Stefan with you?" Damon asked

"Um, he'll be here soon." Elena said

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damon and I were setting the table as the food was almost ready. I grabbed a pile of plates and headed towards the dining table just as Damon was heading for the kitchen. He stepped in my way and bumped against me, it was obvious that it was on purpose. He hummed an apology as he stepped away.

"Don't do that." I chastised him as I walked over the table to put the plates down.

"Do what?" Damon asked

"That was deliberate." I stated.

"Well, yeah. I was deliberately trying to get to the sink." Damon deflected. I rolled my eyes at his dramatics.

Elena then walked into the kitchen, catching Damon's attention. "So, speaking of Stefan, where is he? He's missing family night, which I am enjoying immensely."

Damon paused for a moment before he spoke honestly. "Is it real?" Damon. He sounded vulnerable.

"Is what real?" Elena asked

"This renewed sense of brotherhood. Can I trust him?" Damon asked her

"Yes, you can trust him." Elena said. I could immediately pick up the lie in her voice, having grown up alongside her. I furrowed my brows as I turned to the table, placing cutlery at the placemats. What are the two of them planning?

"Can I trust him?" Damon asked again

"I'm wearing vervain, Damon. It's not gonna work." Elena said, I glanced over to see him staring into her eyes, trying to get the truth out of her.

Not so heartless | D. Salvatore जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें