Tolen frowned. "How did this happen?"

"Guys from school." Alarion replied vaguely, and Tolen got the hint--the vampire didn't want to talk.

"Alright, I'll leave you to it." Tolen left then tent, leaving Alarion alone with his mate.

Alarion's mind was racing. To not have the one he wanted for a mate is one thing, but having his arch nemesis for a mate? That was totally uncalled for.

Alarion had a tough time digesting the fact.

He was certain that the universe has made a mistake.

He quickly moved to his mate's side when the latter stirred from his sleep.

Avyugh opened his eyes and found Alarion towering over him.

Alarmed, he sat up with a start, hitting Alarion's nose with his head in the process, making Alarion hiss and pull away, holding his nose.

Avyugh frowned at Alarion, who was looking at him with narrowed eyes.

"You brought me here?" Avyugh asked, looking around.

A hospital.

Alarion nodded.

"Well thanks I guess," Avyugh trailed off awkwardly.

Alarion's heart was doing weird things that he was so not used to, and he had no idea how to process this newfound information, so he maintained a blank face.

Avyugh realized that Alarion wasn't going to say anything so he ripped away his IV tube attached to his arm and climbed down.

Alarion stepped forward with a scowl on his face.

"What do you think you're doing?"

Avyugh raised a brow at him. "Leaving?"

Alarion was annoyed at his mate already. "Well, genius, if you hadn't already noticed, you're sick an-"

"Aw, are you starting to care for me?" Avyugh said with a sarcastic grin, looking around for his bag, and he found it behind Alarion.

Alarion ran a hand through his hair with a frustrated sigh. "Why do you always have to be difficult?"

Avyugh dragged his eyes to look at Alarion and scowled. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Don't think for a second that we're friends now since you decided to do something decent for me."

He walked past Alarion and grabbed his bag.

Alarion's hands were itching to grab Avyugh and knock some sense into him, but his mind was not even ready to accept basic facts such as Avyugh being his mate.

"Where are you going?" Alarion was hot on Avyugh's tail.

They were outside the hospital now, and the main roads carried there carried various cars and bikes.

Avyugh turned to look at Alarion with a sigh. "Where are we? Where's my car? Are we even close to school?"

Alarion walked over to the side of the hospital, where many flights were parked. He watched Avyugh looking around and he couldn't help but wonder.

He's cute.

"This is a hospital. Your car's at school, and yes we're close to school?"

"How close?"

"A hundred and sixty kilometres." Alarion answered cooly.

Avyugh's eyes went wide. "A hundred and sixt- You call that close?!"

Alarion smirked. "You haven't seen my ride."

Avyugh followed Alarion to a flight line and stopped when he did.

Alarion opened the door to his flight and Avyugh gasped. "Impressive."

Alarion's chest was feeling funny, getting so much attention from his mate and all.

"Come on, I'll take you to school." Alarion walked up the makeshift steps, and Avyugh followed.

Alarion shut the door behind him and strapped himself on. Avyugh was trying to follow, but he was failing. The strap was confusing, and he was awkward calling Alarion.

Alarion noticed, and shook his head. "A+ candidate cannot figure out straps."

"Shut up." Avyugh retorted.

He leaned forward and helped Avyugh with the straps, his hair tickling the human's chin, so he turned his head away while Alarion worked with the straps.

Seconds felt like an eternity.

Alarion cleared his throat awkwardly and pulled away.

"This looks pretty cool." Avyugh said, looking around.

"Here," Alarion handed him a pair of extra sunglasses.

Avyugh then noticed that Alarion had already slipped his on, so he took the glasses from Alarion.

Avyugh might not have felt anything, when their fingers brushed, but pulling back quickly, Alarion clenched his jaw and clutched the accelerator, his knuckles turning white.

They were flying in a few seconds, and he glanced to the side, looking at Avyugh.

The human was looking down with childlike wonder, clutching the straps.

Alarion then connected his transmitter to his flight, taking a picture. It had to be documented. Him and his mate's first flight and all.

He purposefully took a detour, the same one he took that morning-- above the ocean. He lowered the plane to let it grace the ocean. The sun was setting right before them.

He looked at Avyugh and saw him being completely awestruck.

He slowed down and waited until the sun went down.

Avyugh was completely quiet.

Alarion was not big on hoping for a lot of things, but today, he was hoping for something, he'd probably not admit.

He was hoping that it wouldn't be his and Avyugh's last flight together.

But maybe it would be.

--

Woohoo, I just want to write more stuff and can't wait for Alarion and Avyugh's drama to start!

I really hoped you guys liked this chapter!

Suggestions are most welcome!

Vote | Comment | Share