Chapter 23: Surprising him

Start from the beginning

"Okay, okay I will not tease you further. Also the event is being held after a week so tell me when you want to go." Baba said, laughing a little.

After that I don't know when I slept as he was stroking my hair. When I woke up, I found myself wrapped in a blanket with a pillow under me, it was already dinner time and Rohan also came.

We all proceeded for it and after eating everyone went to sleep. I went to change and freshen up and thought to call Krsh again, but he still didn't pick up. I sighed and then went to sleep.

___________________________________________________________________________

After a week

I reached Mumbai and saw the car which papaji sent for me. I greeted driver uncle and then we took off for the Singhania mansion. Upon reaching there I saw Shanaya already standing outside. She came to me and hugged me when I returned.

"Thank god, I was there to see you. You know Krsh bhai is here and he didn't go to his office, so I am here to escort you to your room without him knowing, as you are his surprise now. Come on bhabhi, we are going through the back door." Shanaya said while patting herself as if she is doing the most important work.

I giggled a little and then went with her. We reached my room and I should say that Shanaya has been totally acting like a spy and through her antics she kept me entertained the whole time. I talked with her for almost two hours. I couldn't even go downstairs to meet everyone as they are with Krsh and he is oblivious to all this and I am grateful that Shanaya gave me company the whole time.

Then ma came, I hugged her and we got into another hour of talking session, in which I was the least talking. Another blessing of marrying Krsh is the lovely family I am going to live with.

"Oh god!! It's six already, Shanaya, Meera come on, get up and get ready fast. The event starts in two hours and we are not ready yet. Raj must be finding me everywhere, I have to go to him. Shanaya makes sure Krsh will not be able to see Meera until he gets the award." Ma said, panicking, while looking at the clock. And after giving the instructions she went to get ready herself.

"So bhabhi, you get ready and I will see you when we are all ready to go to the venue. Okay."

I nodded and said yes to her and then she also went out. I locked the door and proceeded to start getting ready by going for a shower first. I feel so refreshed and energetic. I went to my suitcase to take my outfit. I chose to wear a saree which is almost plain in red color but had heavy work on the blouse which had full sleeves. I accessorized it with heavy gold earrings and a simple necklace which Krsh gifted me. For makeup I chose to apply a little blush, kajal and red lipstick and for hair I did a French braid.

It took me one and a half hours to get ready and now I am done

It took me one and a half hours to get ready and now I am done. I looked at the mirror last time and then went to get my phone. I suddenly feel so nervous and tense. There the feeling again came that something bad is going to happen. Maybe it is just because I am going to see Krsh after a long time. I decided to ignore the jitters and focus on the moment.