Chapter 9: Phone Call

Krsh's Pov-

It's been almost two weeks since I last saw Meera, last saw her smile and blush because of me. I still can't fucking believe that she said yes to marry me. She is literally so fucking gorgeous. I wanted to meet her so badly, but sadly I couldn't.

When we came back to Mumbai, and I shared this news with my dadi (grandmother), Revati bua (aunt) and Viraj, everybody was happy but I didn't like the way bua said about her. Her exact words were, "Keeping aside everything bhaiya (brother), the girl looks okay to me like she is not so beautiful and she can never compete with my friend's daughter Alisha. She would have been the best for our Krsh. Also they are not rich like us, have you talked about money and all?"

I was fuming listening to her, but before I could say anything dad interrupted, "Revati, money isn't everything. They are very nice and simple people. Krsh likes Meera that is why he is going to marry her not because of her looks and anything. And also what are you talking about money and all, we already have more than enough and also we do not practice dowry and such things so it is better you be happy in what Krsh is happy in."

Dadi gave me blessings and told me that Meera is perfect not only for me but also for this house and Viraj congratulated me. After this whole fiasco everybody went to rest. Next day, I got busy with meetings and work in the office but not a single day or hour went by that I did not think of calling her. Everytime I pick up the phone to call her, but I stop since I don't know what I will talk to her about.

I was thinking about all this in my office when suddenly, Raghav barged in and also without knocking because according to him it is his right to come whenever he wants to. I sighed looking at him.

"Oh come on man! Don't make that face looking at my handsome face."

I just looked at him with done look. He then continued, "By the way, I am angry at you for not taking me with you and not letting me meet my Meera bhabhi."

"But I have called you at night telling you about the news, right."

"Yeah by disturbing my sleep."

"Raghav, if you are here to just bicker with me like a couple, I suggest you go and do some work. I don't know how your company is working so well when it's CEO is half of the time sitting in front of me. Also I already have problems so I can't deal with you right now."

"First of all we bicker because we are a couple and second what is the problem and you have to tell me buddy okay?"

"Raghav find a girl okay and we are not a couple, that's it. It's just........" I told him about wanting to call Meera but can't, problem and he just looked at me like I am some alien or something.

I shaked my hand in front of him and then he shrieked, "Are you telling me that the most eligible bachelor and CEO of one of the biggest companies in India is afraid of calling his to-be-wife?"

Although I bit back the smile that was forcing to come on my face listening to the word wife, I controlled myself by asking, "Do you have any suggestions and if you don't go back I have much work to do."

"Okay calm down my friend. Listen if you want to talk to her just go ahead. Ask her about the things she likes, what is she expecting her life to be, get to know her. I know you can do it, afterall you are Raghav's best friend. I have trained you this much to handle."

"Hmm, you are right. Anyways I wanted to ask you this on the call also but I didn't. Are you okay? Like the whole thing with Vishakha not working out. Is everything fine?"

He just waved his hand like I asked some useless thing, "Everything is fine man and you don't look good with that serious look on your face."

I was seeing the way he was dodging my questions but I didn't pressurize him further because that will only make him more disagree with me, so I left the conversation.