𝓟𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓜𝓲𝓷𝓭🔞

//Mature chapter - not as explicit as the rut tho lol

Later, is truly something reassuring, something undeniably swell as they lay in the bed now, having put Chae-Yun to bed as she started falling asleep during the movie they put on. Hyun-Jin had cooed watching Felix set her down on her little bed to tuck her in, and then he had melted where he stood hearing Felix whisper a short 'goodnight' and kiss her forehead. The scene was so adorable and just so pure that it made his heart hurt - Hyun-Jin could barely stand it. And even minutes after he couldn't, gushing over Chae-yun to Felix and then just about him and how much he loves him, leaving the omega's ears to tint a shade of reddish-pink and his stomach to churn. The question of taking the place of Chae-yun's father was brought up sooner than thought, then, but Hyun-Jin wasn't complaining.

"So, about earlier," Felix started carefully, looking at Hyun-Jin thoughtfully. His gaze drops downwards to his fidgeting hands for a moment, fingers picking and pulling at his sweatpants and the tiny pieces of lint stuck on them. He's nervous but also feels excited at the same time. Felix only wants him to feel excited, because there's no way that he isn't getting permission to be a part of his daughter's life. "I agree with everything you said, and I do believe you'll be a good father figure in Chae's life. She loves you a lot, really—she's always asking for you, and she even worries. All that said then, I'd like that to happen too...I want you to be her father,"

"Really? Is it okay?" Hyun-Jin is at the edge of his seat, vibrating with even more excitement, if possible, and he doesn't think he can stay still for much longer.

"It is, I mean that all," Felix confirms, words laced with so much sincerity he can't help but smile like an idiot, eyes crinkling into beautiful crescents. He looks at Felix with such happiness that the omega feels the need to pinch himself because this can't be real. How did he become deserving of this? How did he get lucky enough to find someone as kindhearted and sweet as Hyun-jin? It's all so much and yet...he's relieved.

"Thank you, Angel. I promise I will try my best to be a good father when that time comes." All that's left is the extra steps of confirming that permission, setting in stone - or paper contract, that it's official. Either way, he's so happy, as he reaches forward for another hug, and kisses Felix's freckled cheeks in return. Once they pull away they start talking about everything and how the future can or will go until Hyun-Jin changes the topic. "While we have time to talk about stuff now, I also wanted to talk about your work...and Jae, if that's okay. I wanted to give you a little update about everything."

"That's fine, go ahead," Felix agrees softly. "Tell me whatever you can."

"Well to begin, how was work today?" Hyun-Jin asks, his eyes scanning over Felix's face and searching for any signs of displeasure or anything of that sort. He's sure it should've been an alright day, save for Jae being gone long before his shift started, but he wanted to make sure if there were any more problems.

"Peaceful, surprisingly," Felix replies, though when he thinks about the before and remembers just how he felt and what he experienced - he winces. "I'm really glad I didn't have to see him again, thanks to you. Everyone else was happy they didn't see him either—he had a bad reputation at the start, and my other coworkers didn't like him due to how rude he was...so yeah. It was nice, it felt normal again as if he was never there."

"Really?" Hyun-Jin muses. He doesn't feel the slightest bad about what he handled. "That's great, Angel, and about that, everything has been solved. You won't ever have to see him again, nor deal with another issue related. He's...gone." It takes a moment for Felix to register what Hyun-jin just said; to understand the implication and reality behind those words. And when he does, he stares at him all wide-eyed, mouth gaping slightly. Of course, he knew this may be the outcome, and he's happy he's gone nonetheless, but it still comes as a shock.