𝓓𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮

Later in the evening, Hyun-Jin called Chan as planned. He was still in bed like before, having nothing to do until later when Chang-bin and Jeong-In arrived for a quick check-in on their living status. That said, Kkami was asleep on his chest, seemingly having nothing to do just like him—curled in a ball of fur near his neck. When Hyun-Jin pressed the contact the phone rang a few times, connecting only after seven or eight rings.

"Hello?" There was Chan's voice, filled with uncertainty and confusion. "Who is this?"

"Hwang Hyun-Jin." He replied, and a small sound of realization was heard on the other side of the phone.

"Oh, hey!" Chan greeted, "I'm sorry I didn't answer quicker. I didn't recognize this number. Now, what do I owe the pleasure of this call, Hyun-Jin? Is there anything I can help you with?"

Hyun-Jin had to admit it was refreshing to talk to Chan again after their last meeting—which wasn't so nice due to Ji-sung getting defensive. "Actually, yeah," Hyun-Jin hummed, lifting his hand to rub the spot between Kkami's ears and eyes gently. He's surprised the dog hasn't woken up after hearing him talk, because usually the slightest sound has him waking up. "I have something to ask regarding Felix. Is he doing alright at work?"

"Ah," Chan says, taking a breath. "Of course he is," He replies hesitantly, and it's partially a lie. Felix is doing okay, to say the least, but that's only when he's not working with Jae-Hwi. When he is he's restless, uncomfortable, and anxious—and Chan is trying so hard to fix that but the upper management is pushing the training schedule so he's unable to do much about their interactions. "Why do you ask that? Is there something wrong?"

"You could say that," Hyun-Jin murmured. "I heard something a few days ago about Felix going on sick leave after a small incident, and my sister told me he injured someone—which isn't really that serious. She also told me that you were the one who handled it, so I wanted to talk to you personally. If possible, may I know what caused that? " He got straight to the point. 

Chan was silent for a few moments. "Has Felix told you anything about that day himself?"

"No, he hasn't, not much at least," Hyun-Jin replied. "And for that, I'm just concerned, even if it's not much."

Another pause.

"Oh, I see," Chan suddenly laughs, and to his ears it sounds forced. "Well, I'm pretty sure you know what he's like by now then. Lix never really tells anyone if he's bothered by something or... someone, and that worries even me." He leads on slightly, "But, it's nice to know you care about him to even worry about these little things. You must really love him."

Hyun-Jin's lips curl into a small smile. "Yes, I do." He admits quietly, almost too much he does. His love for Felix is truly overwhelming, unconditional, and there's no limit to it, all the more so with them being soulmates. He wants Felix to be happy, worry-free, and he wants to protect him. He wants to provide anything for him as long as he wishes it, and he wants him to feel safe and cared for. Hyun-Jin will give Felix as much as he can within his power—that much he knows for certain. Everything about him makes him feel warm inside, makes his heart swell, and his mind foggy with want.

Felix, who's beautiful and sweet; who's always kind to everyone and makes them smile, with his deep voice and sunshine-like personality; who's strong regardless of anything and tries his best in parenting alone. It's really, really, too much, and Hyun-Jin recognizes that just like how he recognizes the difficulty of resisting his alpha's desires, especially when they all relate to his omega. He has two desires, you see, and those append one that slumbers lightly inside him—that is so sweet and tender—and one that could erupt at any moment, threatening to consume him whole.)