Chapter 22 ~ Get In The Car!

Seth Fontana

"Thinking about wifey?" My Bestfriend pulls me out of my thoughts, laughing his arse off. As a matter of fact, yes, I was thinking about Alana.

"Can you blame me?" I'm in my office, at the British Mafia HQ, looking over my files that show any connections between Carlos and Jin Kim. So far, nothing.

"Not really. Your wife is super hot. I'm surprised that the Seth Fontana even got married at all. You've never shown any interest into women at all," Amo says. Amo Knight, my Bestfriend, has been through everything with me. Our fathers were business partners so we basically grew up together. He knows everything about me and I know everything about him. He was also my best man at my wedding.

"I know, but she's different. She killed three Russians on her own in Mexico - big Russians, atleast twice her size. And she's been through a lot, yet she always has a smile on her face." I look at Amo, who is laying on my leather sofa, and see him grinning at me as he takes another drag of his cigarette.

"What?"

"Looks like someone's getting a little crush. I bet you love her already." I give him cold and harsh glare because I know he's right, but I would rather die than admit Amo is right.

"No, I don't. She may be beautiful and different but she is a pain in my arse," I say, only half lying. She is a pain in my arse, but for good reasons.

"So, are you taking her to the 'Charity event'?" He raised his two fingers and did quote marks when he said 'Charity Event'. The Charity Event is only a cover up for the public. It's actually a massive Mafia ball that is being hosted in Madrid, in two weeks. But I don't know if I should take her, especially with the Russians coming after her.

"Maybe, I haven't thought about it yet," I answer honestly. I should probably take her because she won't want to be left on her own for five days, and she's always safer to be by my side than in a different country.

What if another power cut happens and she's left alone in the dark? What if the Russians find our safe house and she can't defend herself? How will I be able to forgive myself if she gets kidnapped?

Plus, I'm expected to have a date at this ball.

Amo lifts himself off the sofa and walks towards me, sucking on his cigarette like you would a pussy. His girlfriend is, and always has been, his cigarette. He loves them more than life itself. Crazy man. I may have the occasional cigar, but I don't suck my life away until my lungs aren't capable to handle breathing.

He leans over my desk and looks at me with his scary-blue eyes. They're so bright and bizarre that they're freaky. Like, if you were asked the question, 'What colour is your best-friend's eyes?' you'd have to think for a few seconds, right? Well not with Amo. They're the first thing you notice about him - cold, deep eyes.

"You should take her. She's probably never gone to a ball before and I bet she'd love to dress up for it. And she's super hot, everyone will be jealous." He makes a good point, she'd love to dress up and she would look extremely sexy - even if she decided to wear a Shrek costume.

I rustle my hair and grab for my glass of whiskey. My eyes are still running through the files as we talk but I'm still not finding anything. It's so confusing, why on earth did the Koreans kill Carlos?

Since Alana was the heir to the Mexican Mafia, she would have to become the Leader soon which means we would have to fly to Mexico a lot. That might be tricky because that would mean we have to rule three mafias between us. Three different countries. Unless she doesn't want to be the leader.. She could always pass it onto someone she trusts. Like Jack.