Chapter 21 ~ Nyctophobia

Alana Fontana

Something smelled delicious, like spice and heat. I wanted to wrap it around me like a blanket.

I snuggled closer to the source, enjoying the strong, solid warmth beneath my cheek. I didn't want to wake up, but I needed to get ready for the day.

I allowed myself one more minute of coziness - had my bed always been this soft - before I opened my eyes and yawned.

Weird. My room looked different. No greenery in the room, no vase of sunflowers by the bed. And did my bed just move by itself?

My eyes latched onto the broad expanse of bare skin beneath me, and my stomach fluttered. I looked up, straight into a pair of familiar grey eyes. Eyes that stared back at me with no hint of regret from last night. Good.

"Good Morning, Sunshine." His voice spoke more deep than usual. Grumpy and sleepy. His lips tilted up into a small smile as one of his hands stroked the back of my head, probably full of messy hair.

"Morning," I mumble, throwing my head back into his chest to hide from the shyness of last night.

We fucked for hours - he wasn't giving me a break. And he said he was only giving me half of his dick, but surely he was lying. Right?

He took my virginity, and honestly, I'm glad it was him who took it. "I need to get up, Angel. I have an important meeting this morning."

I groaned, not wanting him to take the warmth away from me, cuddling even closer to his body. He was super comfy and snuggly, even though his body is rock hard and probably made of stones.

His body literally looks like it was sculpted by the Devil himself - not God since he is made of sins. He has a few scars on his body, some like mine-

Wait..

Did he see my scars?

Fuck.. What about the burn mark? That would be even worse. I have initials branded on the back of my hip, JK.

Shit.

No-one's supposed to see that. I always tried to cover it up with makeup, no matter how much of a hassle it was to reach because it was utterly embarrassing. It was humiliating, feeling like you're property of someone. I can never wear a bikini otherwise it would be on show but one-pieces were fine.

Surely he would've said something if he saw it, right? Unless he was trying his best not to bring it up incase it upsets me.

"Alana? Are you even listening to me?" I look up at his agitated face and realise he was talking to me while I was lost in my thoughts. I make a confused face and try to think back to what he said. He must've read my mind because he decided to repeat himself again.

"I said that I really enjoyed last night and that it felt right. Come on, I need to have a shower," he said, slowly pulling me away from him and rolling me to the other side of the bed. Why isn't my bed this comfy? Not fair.

I felt the disappearance of his heat immediately as he hopped off the bed and slid into his en-suit. I took this time to trace my eyes over every inch of his room. It was dark with grey walls and a massive, flat-screen TV was stuck to the wall opposite the bed. He even had a sofa in his room, just infront of the bed so it was facing the TV. Hardwood floors spread all over the room as a rug covered the space infront of the sofa with a coffee table on-top.

On the left side of the room, was a balcony with sliding doors to get onto it, however they were covered by heavy, grey curtains to match the walls and aesthetic of the room. It screams danger and insanity but nothing will scare me away from Seth.