Chapter 15 ~ You Promised

Seth Fontana

I walk into the kitchen with Alana, or I thought I was with her but she wasn't next to me anymore. She came through the door seconds later with teary eyes and red arms. It's pretty obvious what has happened but I'm not going to say anything.

My father said not to show her any affection but that's impossible. I couldn't control myself from giving her a kiss on the forehead. What if my father found out? He did say that he has eyes everywhere but I doubt he actually does in the Mexican leader's house.

Anyway, his kitchen is quite old but in a nice way. It's aged but cozy which makes me think that he couldn't be bothered to design the house when he moved in because this is nothing like him. To be honest, his whole house is like that and I didn't even realise until now. Shows how much I care, doesn't it?

"Ana baby? Wake up please, I'm ready to make pancakes." Alana's angelic voice gracefully speaks to her younger sister. Even when she is upset, she is captivating. The way her body sways as she walks and how her nose scrunches when something is annoying her. The way she plays with her hair when she is nervous and the way she bites her lip to stop herself from saying something bad. She never fails to impress me.

Anastasia wakes up in Alana's embrace as she yawns and stretches her small, baby arms. She smiles at my beautiful wife and hops down eagerly and then starts jumping and dancing around the floor singing some kind of pancake song. I can't lie, she is very cute. Her blond hair really brings out her green eyes but she looks nothing like her sister. They're total opposites and I think Alana is the prettiest sibling. Even though Ana is only seven and the cutest child ever, brunettes are really my favourites.

I've never wanted kids but I can't help but picture a mini me or a mini Alana running around the house like a bonkers hyena. That picture makes me want kids but I tell myself that they're just a waste of time.

I take a seat on a stool and watch Alana make pancakes with her little sister. She is seventeen and she takes care of Ana like her own, I respect her for that. Obviously I can't let her know that otherwise she might get the wrong idea.

Realising that I'm subconsciously staring at Alana's arse in her tight leggings, I get a bit bored and think of something to do. When I finally think of something, I stand up in a joyful mood to go out.

"Alana sweetheart, I'm going out for a bit. I'll only be gone 30 minutes," I whisper in her ear while moving her hair away. She looks at Ana on her stool trying to reach the pancake mixture and then looks into my eyes behind her.

"Please don't go." Her voice shaky and her eyes glossy while I rethink my decision. She'll love the surprise though, but she wants me to stay. She is acting as if I'll leave and then something terrible will happen. Surely nothing will happen in the space of 30 minutes.

"I promise you that you'll be fine. I just need to go buy something. Nothing is going to happen to you in 30 minutes, is it?" I ask a rhetorical question and as she is about to answer, I place my index finger in her gorgeous lips to shush her. "Addio tesoro." (Bye honey)

I walk away before she can say anything more because I know she was tempted to but I know she will be fine for half an hour, I am 99% sure.

Grabbing my keys from my pocket, I open the front door and close it behind me while taking in the warm, autumn breeze. I unlock my Corvette and open the door as I lower myself into the driver's seat.