Chapter 18 ~ Dead Body

Seth Fontana

I've got to tell her.

I can't hide it. But I have to, my father will kill her otherwise and I won't be able to stop him. The least I can do is apologise to her.

I arrived back at Carlos' house and parked right infront of the double doors that open into the large house. My house is much bigger but this one is still quite big. Barging in through those same wooden doors, I shout her gorgeous name but I get no response. It's silent.

It's only 21:40, surely she's not asleep. And if she was, she would've woken up by now to hear me shouting.

The house is empty and dark, it looks shallow without any people in it. I walk around the shady living room and kitchen and see nothing but even more emptiness, not even any guards or maids in sight.

Something doesn't feel right, the atmosphere feels unhinged and gloomy sending chills up my spine but I don't know why. I steady my breathing, which I didn't even know quickened, and focus my attention on finding my beautiful Alana without getting distracted by the funny feeling inside of me.

The bottom floor is abandoned, no-one in sight.

I make my way to the spiral stairs leading to the top floor.

Why are all of the lights off? And where are all of the guards? What's that smell? It's horrid. Makes me want to empty my stomach out.

I haven't been upstairs in this house yet, since I've only been here a day, so I have no idea where I'm going but I open every door I walk past just to see even more emptiness. What the fuck is going on?

Suddenly, I feel a soft, warm draft of air hit my skin as I walk closer and closer to the slightly ajar door at the end of the corridor. Not gonna lie, this is spooky. The whistles of the wind get loader as I approach the crooked door while that smell gets stronger and worse.

Still no sight of my Alana so I reach for my gun in my waistband and pull it out of its holster very quietly, holding it with both hands. I stop infront of the door, the only room I haven't checked. I listen out for noise before opening the door with my foot so I can enter slowly with my footsteps quieter than a mouse's.

The smell suddenly comes so strong that I have to cover my mouth and nose with my suit jacket while moving my gun to my right hand steadily.

I know exactly what this smell is, and I only hope that my wife isn't on the receiving end of it. The room is definitely a bedroom, probably Carlos' due to the bottles of alcohol scattered around the room - some broken, and the balcony doors are wide open sending in a comforting breeze which settles the putrid scent a bit.

Something that catches me eyes, and ears, is that there's hundreds of flies in here - hundreds. Just buzzing and leading the way to one specific place in the room.

By the glass desk, there is a spinning, wheelie chair, which I can only see the back of, with a human body sat on it. But who?

All I can tell is that there's a dead body in this house, and it better not be Alana's.

If it is, I'll never forgive myself. Never.

I walk to the chair and try to hold my breath. That smell is fucking rank. The whispers of the wind get louder as if in cue to build up suspense but guess what, I'm not in a fucking movie so I don't care.

Fuck it.

I kicked the chair around to face me and the sight I see, shocks me so much that my breathing stops for a minute.

Carlos.

Carlos' dead body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Sorry that today's chapter is so short but I felt I had to end it on this cliff hanger.
Sorry guys..