Chapter 16 ~ She's Different

Seth Fontana

After cleaning Alana's cuts and bruises, I order some of Carlos' maids to clean up all of the mess that was made. Ever since I did, Alana has clung onto me - scared for her life - as she keeps apologising to me. I don't know why though, Carlos should be the one apologising - not that it would help anyway.

"Amor, no hay nada por lo que deberías disculparte. Ese bastardo debería disculparse, no tú," I tell her as we cuddle on the sofa. I'm not much of a cuddling guy but I know she needs me right now so this can be a one time exception. I stroke her hair as she looks up and smiles at me.
(Honey, there is nothing you should apologise for. That bastard should apologise, not you.)

"What?" I ask making her giggle and look away in shyness. I smile at her cuteness and lift her chin with my finger and thumb and look at her rosy cheeks and her honey, hazel eyes. "Tell me what you're laughing at baby," I order her with a smile.

"Nothing." She try's too look away as she keeps giggling but my hand stops her. She is full of sweetness and care and no one has ever shown me that before. Other than my mum.

"Tell me darling," I say now looking at her straight in the eyes. Her cheeks go slightly redder making me break my character and smile back at her. "Please don't be shy love, I won't bite," I chuckle.

"Okay... I think you should speak Spanish more. It sounds really good in your accent. And when you smile, your dimples come out and it makes me want to squish your cheeks," she finally admits. She licks her lips and gives me a small smile.

"Seth, your blushing," she giggles giving me a funny look as she examines me. How am I blushing? I did feel my face heat up but I know for sure I'm not blushing.

"What! No I'm not. Mafia Dons don't blush darling," I defend myself trying my best to hide my smile. Alana lifts her index fingers and points both at either side of my cheeks.

"Yes you are. It's cute," she smirks knowing she is bugging me. But I feel like it's flirting and for some reason, I like it.

"No I'm not, Alana Fontana. You're seeing things." Her face immediately reddens at the sound of her new name as she hides her head into my chest with a thud. She obviously banged her head too hard because she says 'ow' and brings her head back up to rub it.

I begin laughing hysterically as she puts a frown on her perfect face and scowls at me. "Seth stop laughing! I really hurt myself!"

My eyes widen in worry as she starts to look down and cry making me realise that she was being serious. "No baby, I'm so sorry! Forgive me amore mio," I say as I instinctively cradle her into my arms and hold her head up to face mine.

Once I see her, my face drops. She was pulling my leg. She was bloody laughing. "Hahaha, very funny Alana," I say sarcastically to let her know I'm annoyed. She moves so she is on my lap, both of her legs now wrapped around my waist as she placed her arms around my neck still grinning like a child.

"Alana, I was seriously worried that my chest hurt you," I exclaimed in a more sad voice to make her feel guilty for her little prank. And it worked.

"Seth I'm sorry, I just wanted to prank you," she told me giving me a kiss on the cheek which makes me instantly forgive her.

We just sit there, staring into each other's eyes. Hers are perfect, she has something I never noticed before inside of them. In her left eye, there's a green splash in the middle. Not too big but it's gorgeous. It reminds me of a small emerald. Stunning.

I didn't even realise we were leaning in until our lips were inches away. Dio, I want to kiss her so much. It's like her lips are calling out for me, waiting for me to place mine on hers.