Chapter 14 ~ See you later

Alana Fontana

We've just landed in Mexico City and now we have to drive six hours to Carlos' house near Apaculpo. I can't wait to see Ana, but I can wait to see father. I dread seeing him, I don't know what he will do to me when I get there. Will he let me stay? I'm so nervous, what if he has been taking his anger out on Ana? I hope Jack would've saved her if he tried anything.

But, I can't help but wonder, what is wrong with Seth? When he told me we were going to Mexico, he was nice and kind until I heard some shouting coming from his office while I was packing and when I came downstairs, he was being horrible. He called me a manipulative bitch and a cow. I thought we were getting cozy and comfortable with each other but I guess that was just me.

————————————

Finally, we have arrived at my fathers house and the guards let us in through the gate straight away. My leg bounced up and down in anxiousness as my breathing becomes unsteady. I think Seth noticed because he keeps looking at me funny.

Once we stop outside of the front door, Seth immediately gets out but I wait a while before I really have to. I hope Ana is okay, if not, I will really hate myself for leaving her, even if I was forced to. However, I will also hate myself for not stopping Carlos. If he has done something to her, for once, I will not hesitate to put a bullet through his head.

Getting lost in my thoughts, Seth knocks on the passenger's window signalling me to come out. I do as I'm told since I don't want to make Seth any angrier than he already is. He seriously has been carrying a frown since we left the house in London. It's literally like something has crawled up his arse and died.

I grabbed my suitcase from the boot and walked up to the front of the house. I hope Jack is here because he really does calm me down. Knocking on the door, I have a sense of regret thinking I should've just stayed home in London but then I think, just do this for Ana.

Melanie answers the door with a huge smile on her face and before I can even take her in, she embraces me in the tightest hug I've ever been in.

"Thank god you're back Lana, I've missed you so much. Carlos has really gone bonkers recently," she said which makes me pull away almost instantly. When I actually can take her in, I see that she has a black eye and a cut on her forehead. My eyes widen at the sight.

"Omg Mel, are you alright?" I rush out. She simply nods and tells me that she is okay.

Then, she invites us in and says that she is going to make us a drink. Hesitantly, I follow her and take a seat on the sofa in the sitting lounge. Seth follows me behind and takes a seat next to me as I brush my hair with my fingers nervously and bounce my knee up and down in anxiousness.

Suddenly, I feel a strong hand be placed on my thigh which makes my leg stop bouncing and I immediately know that it's Seth. "Stop bouncing your leg, it's annoying."

I look at his face only to see him have his eyebrows scrunched and the rest of his face emotionless as he stares into my eyes. Doing something he least expected, I smack his hand away from my thigh and give him a dirty look. His reaction was fucking priceless, he had no idea that I was going to do that.

"Wha-",

"Sissyyy," I hear my sister scream as she jumps onto me and pulls me into a tight hug. I hug her back without any hesitation and wonder if she is alright.

"Ana? Are you okay?" I ask on instinct. She pulls away and holds my face in her small hands as she nods and snuggles into me. However, I feel like something is off with her. She seems too normal for what has happened with me leaving.