Chapter 2 ~ Pancakes

Alana Juarez

I left the office crying that night. I couldn't believe I was being married off.

I knew Jack was outside but I didn't feel like talking to anyone right now so I just sent him a text saying everything is alright. I'll tell him soon.

Carlos told me that I was being married tomorrow at a venue and people will be coming to 'doll me up' in his words. I will be meeting Seth's mother and father tomorrow just before the wedding apparently. Not excited.

I ran to my room immediately as I was struggling to breathe. A pain in my chest. A lump in my throat. I didn't know what to do. Normally my mum would help and comfort me during panic attacks but she isn't here anymore.

I slammed my door behind me and leaned against it just to slide down on the floor. My breathing comes heavier and my sobs were louder. Where is my mum in times like this? I need her the most right now. She would protect me. Or Atleast try.

I fucking hate Carlos.

A faint knock was sounded on the opposite side of my door. "Ally are you okay? I'm scared." I heard my younger sister Anastasia cry.

I opened my door to see her crying. I wiped my tears away still struggling to breathe and pull her into a hug. I will always put Ana before me.

"I'm okay Ana," I responded in a whisper, I pick her up and place her gently on my bed. I go to close my door as she speaks to me.

"I heard you and daddy shouting and I-I got scared so o-once I heard you slam the door I-I came to see if you were alright," she cries.

Carlos never laid a finger on Ana and I'm so glad. If he ever touched her I would have put a bullet right between his eyes.

I walk up to her and pull her into a massive hug, "I'm fine Ana but I will have to leave for a while after tomorrow," I say finally spoke with my voice cracking all over the place.

"No! I don't want you to leave me here. Why are you leaving me?" She sobbed. My heart shattered into a thousand pieces after hearing that.

"I'm getting married Ana."

"Do you love him?"

"No, I've never even met him."

"Its okay sissy. I understand but please let me visit and y-you'll come visit me right?" She says.

"Of course I will, how could I not see my favourite girl?" She giggled quietly with tears still streaming down her cheeks. I pulled her chin up so I could look at her face. Even through her swollen eyes you could see how perfectly beautiful she was. She looks just like my mother. Blond hair, green eyes, a few freckles, perfectly tan skin and a gorgeously shaped face.

I look more like Carlos. Dark brown hair, dark hazel eyes, plumped lips, full eyelashes, perfect button nose and a sharp jawline. I look totally different to Ana but we both have our natural beauty.

"Do you want to sleep with me in my bed tonight love?" I whispered. I got no response.

I pulled her face up only to see that she had fell asleep using my breasts as a pillow. I chuckle to myself seeing this.

Slowly, I picked her up and carried her to the other side of the bed and placed her in it.

I love her so much.

I went to my closet to grab my pyjamas and picked something comfy.

This is what I chose.

I went to my ensuite, brushed my teeth and did my skincare. I didn't have makeup on today so I didn't need to remove anything. I look up at my swollen eyes and smile at myself trying to feel better. It doesn't work.

A tear fell from my eye.

Oh well I guess this is my last night in this house ever. Even though I hate this place with a passion, some of my most important memories are here.

More tears fell.

I brushed them of and turned the light switch. I know Ana doesn't like sleeping in the dark because of 'boogy monsters' so I turn on a little night light in the corner of my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's the day I'm getting married. Great.

I grab my phone that was charging on the bedside table and immediately message Jack what's going on because I will need him there to support me.

8:23

Its early assss.

I look across to Ana who is still sleeping peacefully and I gently nudge her.

"Ana, wake up!"

She slowly opens her eyes and looks at me. "Morning sissy," she says mid yawn.

I chuckle. "Want to go downstairs and make pancakes?" I suggested. I'm feeling really down and upset that I will be leaving her so I want to make most of the time we have left together.

"YAYYYY I LOVE PANCAKES!!" She screams and jumps out of bed only to drag me out of my room.

"Woahhh slow down Ana!" I say laughing.

"No I'm hungry!" She says laughing aswell.

"OI SHUT THE FUCK UP BOTH OF YOU!! IT IS FUCKING 8:30 IN THE MORNING!" My dad screams making us both jump.

"S-sorry Carlos we were just going to the kitchen to make some pancakes before we need to get ready," I say, accidentally giving him a dirty look.

Smack!

He fucking slapped me again.

"NO YOU WILL NOT, GO TO YOUR OWN ROOMS NOW AND GET READY ALANA THE WEDDING IS AT 1PM!" he spat in my face.

I turn to look at my sister who is silently crying scared of who her daddy is. I squeeze her hand to make her look up at me so I can give her a reassuring smile.

"Okay sir," I said quietly and took Ana to her room. "Honey I need you to get ready in your room ok? I'm sorry we can't do anything but if I confront him I'll get whipped. I'm so sorry." I spoke.

"What happens when you leave? You can't protect me then. He might hit me." She says now sobbing in my arms.

"I will make sure he doesn't, Ana, look at me," I said as she looked at me through her glossy eyes, "I need you to stay strong and I promise, I will do everything in my power to make sure he doesn't."

"Okay sissy, I love you!" She says breaking down, I think my heart just fell out of my ass.

"I love you too, now go, change into your favourite dress," I say knowing that will bring a smile to her face. She runs off into her room leaving me alone, knelt down on the floor.

I stand up and walk into my room. Once I'm in there, I grab my phone and text Carlos.

Carlos

Carlos? When are we leaving to
the venue?

9am.

Wow, dry texter.