-Twenty Six- || -lost cause-

Jade was back at Percy's block of flats, it was only around half 7 in the morning and he didn't have to be at work till 9 so there was no reason as to why he wouldn't be in. She banged on the door loudly to the point where his muggle neighbours would think the police were there.

But it wasn't Percy who answered, when the door opened an extremely tired Oliver Wood answered it, "your not Percy"she said bluntly with a smile happy to see her ex quidditch captain.

"No I'm not"he replied rubbing his eyes his accent thicker than usual. She had a confused expression on her face which he picked up on "I live here JJ"

"Is Percy in?"it felt like she was a child again going to the village and asking if one of her muggle friends were aloud out. Oliver just sighed clearly anticipating this.

"He went to work early to avoid this, you parents have been here all but non stop"He explained his tone I different like he wasn't really all that fussed with what was going on but was still going to support Percy even if they didn't have the same mindset.

"Right, thanks Ollie"she smiled sadly walking away as Oliver closed the door to no doubt go back to sleep. Fleur stood waiting at the entrance to the building for her with a concerned look.

"He's at work already"she spoke before even looking at Fleur when she did she saw the expression on her face and showed both her hands "nothing happened, Oliver answered the door explained everything then I left"

"Oh good"Fleur kissed both her hands before disaparating to the ministry with Jade. Fleur had got a job in the department of international magical cooperation to aid in communication to the French ministry. As usual Jade walked Fleur to her office before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

as if by fate Percy was in the elevator already and as jade walked in he moved uncomfortably, "look Perce if we could just talk--"

"no jade. you've chosen your side as have I."he shot her down mercilessly looking straight forward pretending he was the only one there in the elevator.

"Percy please-"

"no." he got out the next time it stopped leaving jade confused and sad as she reached her floor. Taking a few deep breaths she calmed down a little and walked into the office and saw a new desk in front of her with Reed sitting at it. "Guess who is now officially an auror!!"

"Hmm let me guess...the same person who didn't tell me Toni and Bill we're together? So you?"she said sarcastically she wasn't actually mad about it she just didn't want to see either of them hurt.

"So they told you.."he trailed off an uncertain look on his face.

"No bill was in my kitchen this morning covered in hickeys and so was Toni wearing his shirt. Don't get me wrong it's nice just wish they told me."she shrugged looking over at all the papers were needing filled out. "Congrats I knew you could"she smiled over at him all jokes aside she was happy for him they we're finally achieving their dreams.